2021 Resolutions
Farendwoman Offline
(30-01-2021, 12:28 PM)Veggie Wrote: Beautiful!!
What the name of the one that isn't Fitzroy please?
Fergus.
my other half wanted to call him Twofus because he is the spitting image of our dear Rufus that died in August, but I put my foot down for once!
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Both are adorable.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(30-01-2021, 12:37 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
Fergus.
my other half wanted to call him Twofus because he is the spitting image of our dear Rufus that died in August, but I put my foot down for once!
Understandable!!
I thought it might have been Lundy, Rockall or Shannon. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Mark_Riga

Farendwoman Offline
(30-01-2021, 12:50 PM)By Veggie Wrote:
(30-01-2021, 12:37 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
Fergus.
Understandable!!
I thought it might have been Lundy, Rockall or Shannon. Smile
Tee hee. Very good!
Dogger would’ve suited him more
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
What a gorgeous pair, Farendwoman. please keep us updated with their antics Smile

My resolution is to finally climb Pic de Montaigu which I can see from the house. 

We were due to climb (a strenuous hike rather than an actual climb) in September 2013 but I became ill with RA in August of that year. Ever since, I've been nervous about walking too far into the mountains just in case it becomes too painful at a remote spot. But, I've finally found meds that both work well and don't leave me feeling sick as a dog so I think this year might be the one!

A close up of Monty at dawn a couple of weeks ago.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(30-01-2021, 04:37 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: What a gorgeous pair, Farendwoman. please keep us updated with their antics Smile

My resolution is to finally climb Pic de Montaigu which I can see from the house. 

We were due to climb (a strenuous hike rather than an actual climb) in September 2013 but I became ill with RA in August of that year. Ever since, I've been nervous about walking too far into the mountains just in case it becomes too painful at a remote spot. But, I've finally found meds that both work well and don't leave me feeling sick as a dog so I think this year might be the one!

What's the distance PP?
Regards..........Danny Smile

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(30-01-2021, 05:23 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(30-01-2021, 04:37 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: What a gorgeous pair, Farendwoman. please keep us updated with their antics Smile

What's the distance PP?
It is about 9km - not far, right? About 1200m of climbing, 5-6 hrs on average. There are two peaks the same height of 2339m and the second peak has a 300m cliff so I'll be staying on the first one!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(30-01-2021, 05:44 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote:
(30-01-2021, 05:23 PM)Broadway Wrote:

What's the distance PP?
It is about 9km - not far, right? About 1200m of climbing, 5-6 hrs on average. There are two peaks the same height of 2339m and the second peak has a 300m cliff so I'll be staying on the first one!
Depending on age/fitness I think 9km is a fair stomp even before you introduce a mountain. I'm with you regards giving the second peak a wide berth! When I did my first mountain (Snowdon) I breezed up and wondered what all the fuss was about! Then the descent, probably took me twice as long as I kept thinking I'd end up on my ****Smile

Good luckSmile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Half the year 2021 has passed so how are we all doing on our non-resolutions?
I remembered my resolution today as I'm going to have lots of pips and stones from today's cheap fruit bargains that will need to be sown. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot

Broadway Offline
(01-01-2021, 06:04 PM)Broadway Wrote: Well, as some of you know I like “a list” therefore I have the following New Year’s Resolutions (chronological order ish)?

- DIY Hotbin

- Adopt a rescue dog

- Walk the length of the Chesterfield Canal (Obviously in installments)

- Get back to work, vaccine dependent!

- Hopefully fulfill my plans for the allotment this year (I consider this the first proper year)
Doing pretty s@@@@@ thus farSad A health challenge has delayed almost everything apart from the allotment. Hopefully the next few months will fare betterSmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie