2021 - What I did today
Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Yesterday I put up a wire coil stuffed with straw & feathers for the birds to use as nesting material, and gave my non-woody perennial herbs (mint, oregano, etc) a good haircut. They look much neater now, and I can see lots of little mint leaves at ground level, just waiting to shoot up!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Bren Offline
I've cleaned of last years writing from my plant labels.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Spec, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(20-02-2021, 01:07 AM)Spec Wrote: PP could you let me know how your hugelkultur bed was made please

Here you go https://gardenandgossip.org/showthread.php?tid=901 I'd forgotton how big it was when first built!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Shifted the wood I scrounged yesterday to the top of the garden where it's not such an eyesore. Rolleyes

I didn't realise when I planted a clump of New Zealand Flax how much of a thug it can be. It has grown over my entry to the lawn and I keep tripping over it. Toady it got a one sided haircut along with my lavendar, carnations, willow and a single rose bush. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Cleaned one side of the chilli tunnel. Lifting & sweeping under the palettes, re levelling the palettes, moving stuff around & a general tidy up. Hopefully get the other side done tomorrow.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Dug over the greenhouse borders. Wasn't going to do it this year but with all the rain, it is very wet so hoping that leaving it rough will help it dry out. Got the dahlia tubers out of the shed and in trays in greenhouse. Some looked a bit ropey but hopefully most will start sprouting.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Bus into town today, INR blood test(all in rangeSmile), prescription, popped into Wilko and spent some pennies(as you doSmile), then stomped home along the canal.

Potted on 2 of my blueberries, need some more ericaceous compost to do the 3rd.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(22-02-2021, 11:15 AM)Bren Wrote: I've cleaned  of last years writing from my plant labels.
I don't clean them but put them with the seeds to be sown, so that I don't need to write a label next time.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 7 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Eyren, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

Roitelet Offline
Potted up my Geraniums which we’re trying to grow. I yanked them out last autumn and stuffed them in a polystyrene box in the cow shed and what a miracle they survived! I didn’t water them just used damp compost. Here’s hoping! I’ve tried to save them for many years and given them lots more TLC and they have never survived. Perhaps this is the way to go.
[-] The following 4 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(23-02-2021, 01:09 PM)Roitelet Wrote: Potted up my Geraniums which we’re trying to grow. I yanked them out last autumn and stuffed them in a polystyrene box in the cow shed and what a miracle they survived! I didn’t water them just used damp compost. Here’s hoping! I’ve tried to save them for many years and given them lots more TLC and they have never survived. Perhaps this is the way to go.
Good luck Roitelet

I have tried for the first time this year, thread belowSmile

https://gardenandgossip.org/showthread.p...=geraniums
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • JJB