2021 - What I did today
Broadway Offline
(02-01-2021, 07:08 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I lined one of my new raised beds, then filled it with soil. Placed all my strawberries in their pots on it then put the netting on it to keep the cats out.
When you planning on planting the strawberries Can?
Regards..........Danny Smile

Bren Offline
(02-01-2021, 06:39 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: I think I should start running again. I think my target should be 3 miles in 30 minutes but I'll start with 1 mile in about 12 minutes probably. I only went for a couple of runs all last year and don't feel at all fit at the moment. Gardening, specially like now, sitting in an armchair just thinking about it, doesn't really do too much. I'll run 1 or 2 telegraph poles then walk a couple...
Went for a walk earlier.
Mark i don’t run outdoors instead I’ve got a mini trampoline that I jog on every day for 20 mins that and my walks keeps me fairly active and my weight stable.  
Not done anything in the garden today picked lettuce for a sandwich then we’ve had snow since lunch time.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Spec Offline
Cut some plywood to use as framing for a propagating bench which I will set up in the hut, left it drying in the greenhouse just now
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(02-01-2021, 07:20 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 07:08 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I lined one of my new raised beds, then filled it with soil. Placed all my strawberries in their pots on it then put the netting on it to keep the cats out.
When you planning on planting the strawberries Can?
I don’t really know Danny, they are in pots and have been outside for the last 2 months, the indoor shelf in the poly tunnel was not a success with them, I think it got to hot during the summer, even though I had an irrigation system set up to keep them watered. I have decided to keep some in a hanging basket in the tunnel but the others will go outside in the raised bed. All the plants need to have the old leaves trimmed off them, then transplanted from the pots into the raised bed. There are 2 of the plants each with 2 strawberries on them still, they just never ripened, if anybody has any suggestions I’ll gladly listen.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Spec, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Picked up a load of acorns that have been dropping in the garden and walked along the lane to feed them to some pigs.
[-] The following 5 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Spec, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Went for a run this morning, 1mile in 10min 30. Not sure if I'll do much more now though. A little bit milder here, the birds water tray has thawed out.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Am making chocolate roulade for P's birthday. He's in denial and says birthdays are no fun at his age ( let's face it they were never 'fun') Smile he's just old and grumpy and I told him so.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
JJB the like is because I agree with P, birthdays are no fun, even for us younger folk and of course he will be grumpy, he is married isn't heRolleyes Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Put some lavender seeds in the fridge to cold stratify(some in moist compost, some on moist kitchen paper)??

Town for INR blood test, Chemist for prescription, Wilko(purchased Desiree/Maris Piper seed potatoes,  Sturon onions sets, and Cassablanca/Germidour garlic bulbs) Smile

Took delivery of the bits for the hotbin Wink
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-01-2021, 02:16 PM)Spec Wrote: JJB the like is because I agree with P, birthdays are no fun, even for us younger folk and of course he will be grumpy, he is married isn't heRolleyes Big Grin
Younger???
Also he was born grumpy, long before he married me Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec, Veggie