2021 - What I did today
Spec Offline
(22-01-2021, 08:12 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(21-01-2021, 03:42 PM)Spec Wrote: Feel for you Mark, thankfully we never have anything like that, hope you and everyone else comes out OK
Got my Babington Leeks today so have planted 7 of them just now and will plant some through out the flowerbed
Hi Spec

Did you plant the 7 outside or undercover?

They are planted outside, might put some in pots and keep them in the greenhouse

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Make sure you know where they are as they look like blades of grass when they come up.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
More pumping yesterday but it has finally all gone today. Another problem appeared on Wednesday with our main drains to a septic tank. I just noted it mentally while bailing out the patio. Investigating Yesterday morning found there is quite a large depression where the septic tank should be. Telephoned a couple of firms, one said he would come last night and then today to assess what was needed. Not arrived yet. The other said tomorrow morning so hoping he will come. A load of washing went to a launderette this morning and the system looks like it will still take a small amount of liquid so will have a shower tomorrow morning.
It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good applies a bit. Because of the Covid, we bought a composting toilet in the summer which is coming in very handy now.
My onions are starting to sprout now but it will have to be a lot drier outside when they are ready to go out. Not sure if the garlic and autumn onions will survive. I wonder how the moles are going on in this, will they have moved into their hills?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark_Riga's post:
  • Veggie

Spec Offline
(22-01-2021, 09:31 PM)Veggie Wrote: Make sure you know where they are as they look like blades of grass when they come up.

Thanks for that Veggie I marked ether end with a label but will mark each individual leek tomorrow Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Veggie

Spec Offline
But then of course as I have a weed free garden I really don't need to worry about thatRolleyes
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Planted out some chicory treviso and palla rossa, all of which have been sat in pots unloved and forgotton for about nine months!
Prepared some pots of compost and brought them inside to warm up ready to sow some more chillies tomorrow.
Dug out the vole/mole runs around the egdes of another two veg beds - only eight more to go!
Cleared a clump of ornamental grass that was flattened by the snow and hadn't recovered.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 1 user Likes PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
Finished watching The Bay, thought it was good.

Daily walk of the woods/canal/village to get my 10k steps.

Another family chess comp match, won this oneSmile

Tidied the growhouses in the yard so all the onions/leeks were in one, bb's/wild garlic in another, odds and sods in the third.

Ordered some bits from Incredible Vegetables and EbaySmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Collected the wife from hospital, did the shopping, filled the turf bunker and filled some bags of logs. Relaxing now waiting for a curry to be delivered. The Munster v Leinster Rugby at 7:30
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Daily walk of the woods/canal/village to get my 10k steps. (Mrs B did a 1/4)

Another family chess comp match, me against No.2 son, draw!!

Resistance exercises with No.2 son (no not around his neck after the chessSmile)

Popped over the plot to get something from the shed, was pleased to see an overgrown plot one along from me being clearedSmile

New Year bi-weekly family weigh-in, lets see if the exercises are making any difference!
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Brushed snow off the polytunnels .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie