2021 - What I did today
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
#1,131
Cut the grass, watered the leeks and mulched with clippings. Picked flowers, mostly lilies. Cleared blighty leaves from the tomatoes.
Three loads of gîte laundry.
Motorcycle ride up the Col de Menté, a zillion hairpins up and down the other side, very challenging!
Watering this evening, due to be warmer tomorrow.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
#1,132
Daily task is now stripping the leaves from the blighty tomatoes, we may get nothing on the majority of plants this year.
Fed and mulched tomatoes, peppers, aubergines and chillies.
Watering, dead heading, pottering, but mostly digging foundations - what else would you do in this heat?! Took a load of clay suboil to the tip.
Oh, and still doing lots and lots of gîte laundry after changing over the other one.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 1 user Likes PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,133
Watering tunnels & cuttings. Harvesting. Attacked a metal bench with a wire brush. Went fishing. Very successful & saw porpoises  Cool
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie

Bren Offline
#1,134
My chards bolted so I've cut it down some will be frozen the rests going in this evenings curry.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Broadway Offline
#1,135
(26-07-2021, 08:29 AM)Bren Wrote: My chards bolted so I've cut it down some will be frozen the rests going in this evenings curry.
Hi Bren

Any tips for freezing?
Regards..........Danny Smile

Bren Offline
#1,136
(26-07-2021, 10:36 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(26-07-2021, 08:29 AM)Bren Wrote: My chards bolted so I've cut it down some will be frozen the rests going in this evenings curry.
Hi Bren

Any tips for freezing?
Danny usually it goes straight from the plant into the freezer but that takes up more space so today the Chard was lightly blanched  squeezing  out as much water as I could then popped it  in a take-out box.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB

Broadway Offline
#1,137
(26-07-2021, 07:42 PM)Bren Wrote:
(26-07-2021, 10:36 AM)Broadway Wrote:
Hi Bren

Any tips for freezing?
Danny usually it goes straight from the plant into the freezer but that takes up more space so today the Chard was lightly blanched  squeezing  out as much water as I could then popped it  in a take-out box.
Cheers BrenSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Bren, JJB

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,138
Watering, feeding chillies. Collected seeds. Working out the next build shopping list.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
#1,139
Watered the GHs, mowed some of the grass (not my job usually so I needed tuition), dug up some comfrey roots and swapped them for plants - scabious, kaffir lilies and a blue geranium and 3 packets of flower seeds.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, SarrissUK

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,140
I harvested chillies for the freezer, shredded weeping willow prunings and bagged them up for mulching. Picked and gathered. Isn't always the way the picking and gathering takes so much longer than you think it will.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • SarrissUK, Veggie