Christmas treats
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
My friend makes me my Christmas pudding she infuses it with gin rather than brandy and it is so delicious. Great thing in our house is my wife doesn’t eat Christmas pud. Also my wife buys me puff pastry mince pies instead of those short crust. My mam always made her mince pies with puff pastry.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Spec, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(31-12-2020, 01:36 AM)Spec Wrote: Oh makes a Christmas cake and always seems to forget to buy a bottle of brandy for it and uses mine, I think it would last us several months but she always insists in giving son and daughter a share, then when they are down at our house she gives them a piece of ours, somehow I think I lose out in that Confused we also buy a box of mixed cheeses which we enjoy after Christmas and this year we have to eat it all by our selvesSmile which is most unusual as when either one of them come in their first stop is to have a look in the fridge, I think they forget that it was their choice to get married and move out the house Rolleyes

I think that's only natural behaviour for returning offspring.Smile I remember closing myself in my parents' walk-in pantry until I had sampled all the goodies therein.   Mother would shout 'where's Jennifer' but I wasn't going to cut short the nibbling session.  She soon got wise and looked in the pantry first. Oh for a walk in pantry of my own.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 6 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Bren Offline
(30-12-2020, 07:13 PM)Broadway Wrote: Are Mince Pies allowed, Mrs loves themSmile

Mines also mince pies I only make them at Christmas they just don't taste the same it you have them at any other time.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Spec

Spec Offline
(31-12-2020, 05:03 PM)Bren Wrote:
(30-12-2020, 07:13 PM)Broadway Wrote: Are Mince Pies allowed, Mrs loves themSmile

Mines also mince pies I only make them at Christmas they just don't taste the same it you have them at any other time.
Not sure about the above statement Bren, but to verify you could post a dozen to me now then another dozen about June and I will inform you if your statement is correct though it might require another dozen about November just to confirmSmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB