Natural control of pests and disease
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(02-02-2021, 11:48 PM)Spec Wrote: I came across this today, to get rid of mice, make an infusion with the leaves of Sambucus nigra, pour this down any mouse holes and where they feed and they will move on
I have two Sambuca Nigra growing in my garden. A wonderful black elder with pink flowers. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec

Bren Offline
We get Thrushes in our garden they use an old chimney pot to bash open snail shells there's usually a mound of shells inside.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(03-02-2021, 10:35 AM)Bren Wrote: We get Thrushes in our garden they use an  old chimney pot to bash open snail shells there's usually a mound of shells inside.

I love to see that, but most birds (and squirrels) have the sense not to come down to ground level in our garden, as there are too many places where cats can hide in wait. The robins are braver, but they're bolshy little buggers Big Grin
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
Came across a reference the other day about growing geraniums to control ground elder, so wondered if anyone has tried that and if so does it work