Cauliflowers - time to mature?
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I have lots of Cauli seeds - never deliberately bought any but they seem to keep appearing as freebies. Don't know why I keep them as I've rarely grown one worth eating. 
Anyway, I was looking at sowing dates and cropping time, some take a lot longer than others. 
I discarded all those that are sown one year to overwinter and crop the following year.  For example, Maystar is sown April - May and harvested Mid-May the following year.  That's just too long for something that will be a failure. Wink
Then I was tempted by Candid Charm "Very fast to mature" "Harvest 75 days after planting". That sounds speedy!! It omits to tell you how long it will take your little seedling to grow to 6" before you plant them out. 
The ones that have survived the cull are Mayflower (earliest summer cauli); White Step (neat compact), Clapton and Igloo (perfect for mini-vegetables).

My question is - can you recommend a quick maturing cauli that you've had success with, please. I trust you, I don't trust the adverts.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I really can’t recommend any varieties that will definitely grow into something edible. Cauliflower is my nemesis  Confused . 
Best thing I’d suggest is grow them all for micro veg  Big Grin . That’s what I do with them all.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
I've got some Snowball overwintering in the greenhouse as little plants. They'll get planted out in February/March, hopefully for a harvest in May/June. I'll let you know how it goes  Rolleyes
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Greenfingers Offline
I've had success with Candid Charm and White Step. The ones I can really recommend are Maystar. I know they are growing for a year, and at the end of a year the plants look pretty wrecked, but they have always given me solid, tasty caulies. My main complaint with cauliflowers is no matter how I try to stagger them they all try to be ready together.
The ones that are always a failure for me are All the year round.
[-] The following 2 users Like Greenfingers's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie