Flowers beginning with A
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I grew snapdragons last year from WPG - saves liberty F1 seed. They were fabulous. So if you have those VC I would get them in now.
One of the best flowers for picking in my garden this year. I grew them in the veg plot. I started more a few weeks ago. Grow well in a cold greenhouse. I'm a bit anal - sow individually in modules, then no need to prick out. The seed is small but I put my Jewellery goggles on and use a tweezers Big Grin

Agapanthus - a friends Dad always saves seed from these - he's in his 80's. I've just potted on a load of plants that he gave me a couple of years ago. He hoped they will be dark navy blue. They are a reasonable size at the moment. Will overwinter in the GH. Fingers crossed I may see a flower next year Smile quite excited about those.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’ve sorted my seeds out . So I’ve found a few more to add to my list .

allium
allium border mixed
aquilegia clementine red
aubrietia mixed
auricula mixed

Reasons for growing next year. I’ve got the seeds & they’re all perennials. Get them to a good size for my new garden. Well that’s the plan. We’ll see. How well I do .

Looking forward to the rest of the alphabet now I’ve found lots of seeds.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
^^ Aubrieta is really nice, good for bees early in the year too. Reminds me I want to sow some more to go around the new crab apple.

Alyssum (Lobularia maritima) is great for attracting predatory insects like hoverflies and parasitic wasps. Good ground cover, smells nice, drought tolerant, flowers for most of the summer (ours is still flowering now). Self seeds like mad though, but easy to pull up or transplant.

Alyssum saxatilis is a perennial with yellow flowers, also good for attracting predatory insects.
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Looking at seeds here from the swap.

Agastache Foeniculem from TMTT

How does it do in your garden? I'm hoping to fill my borders with a few more perennials. Just putting them in the prop...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
Mine were planted in 2019 so have survived one winter. I gave the stems a wiggle the other day and the roots still seem very firm. They are hardy to -5C apparently. Very easy to save seed from, quick to grow and flowers pretty well the first year. I may sow some more just in case.
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
That brill - hopefully mine will flower this year then from an early sowing.