Kitchen design apps??
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I agree that the Aga is a friend - but its wasted on me. Can't remember the last time I made a cake and my New Year's Resolution for countless years has been to learn to make pastry. I thought that having an Aga would turn me into a domestic goddess but even an Aga doesn't have a magic wand. I miss the warmth in the winter and being able to air clothes on the top but I don't miss the electricity bills (mine's electric). One day I'll get rid of it and have a normal cooker.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Mine is gas - my OH wants to get rid of it due to the cost. But I love it so much.

Pastry takes seconds to do. Give it a go. Every one loves a jam tart!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Tarts and bottoms you mods ought to be censoredBig Grin. Superb kitchen picks though, I'm going to have kitchen envy at this rate
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Scarlet, Veggie

Mikey Offline
Ok trying to remember all questions, cos you chatterboxes flipped pages. Tongue

Curved cupboards - yes readily available, if not a radius post is a cheaper alternative, 50-80mm round post on the end really softens the worktop.
Wellie cupboard - not a problem, bench-style seat top, wood would work well. You need it to be around 530mm height to allow wellies to sit inside upright, 530mm is a little higher than a normal seat height but a lot easier to put a welly on from. Smile
Worktops - one of the best tops for pastry is a plastic, minerva, maia, durosein all are acrylic, so cold and smooth and about a third of the cost of stone. They are plastic though so not as environmentally friendly, and not great against an aga.
Minerva does some called Travertine haze, or concrete haze, or silver haze. They all look like limestone with different base colours.
You could go stone on the aga length and change to a different top elsewhere if you need to reduce costs. Finding someone that sells Second Nature kitchens nearby would be useful as they do a range of quartz worktops called strata super 8 which are 20 and 30mm thick and available as a small selection of 8 colours but, are very competitively priced. Second Nature, also known as PWS price for the slab and not the machining, so a single slab is 2900 x 1300, then cutouts, polished edges, templating and fitting are all included. They don't deal directly with the customer unfortunately but through kitchen retailers, they are still however excellent value.
Can't remember what else you mentioned!! Big Grin
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
ZHaha! Typical! Blokes never keep up Big Grin

Sorry, I just got carried away. I wasn't going to ask loads of questions - but I was having a coffee Big Grin and   VC is a bad influence!

I love the idea of lifting the boot box lid and putting your foot straight in it Big Grin

I'm going to research all the work top info tomorrow/ thank you. I really appreciate it!
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I have an old hall stand in the porch, with a lift up seat where I keep dog leads and coats, boots are under the seat, and a few pegs for hanging coats. Appreciate you may not want all that in your kitchen but its worth thinking about where you put the coats, not just the wellies.

................and I'm never a bad influence..................but make sure you have a wide seat. Tongue
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mikey

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I would love something for coats too. But I thought if I had the boot box's the row where the bookcase is I could just have some hooks.
I would love to get the OH coat off the kitchen chairs - I've tried for twenty odd years.
Yesterday I came down to see his wet socks drying on the Aga, along with coat on chair and his wellies by the side - it had been raining the night before, the fields were wet and his wellies have a hole in them. The boys always dried their ruby boots on the top of the Aga - the smell was deliciousBig Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Can I ask more questions Mikey??
The wells and dog lead conversation has been huge in this house Big Grin I've lost a porch and gained more space in the kitchen to fill it with porch stuff!!
So now its not going to have a Wellington box - we are hoping we can add a little porch.

So....

1.We have decided that as I will have another cooker in there and the Aga will get shut off we will put a log burner in in the far corner by the double doors.
A round one - width 469 depth 364

2. So the table becomes a small one - I will use the one I have now that extends out on both ends if we need to sit extras round. 1220 x 750

3. Hopefully with a smaller table it means I can fit in 2 comfy chairs in so I can have a coffee near the double doors near the fire.

4. The island will only have a ledge/nod to seating. So all cabinets for storage and a shelf thing so I can add a stool.
Something like this.

4. If the kitchen island becomes a little narrower? My dining table is 850 x 2000 and that looks ok? But would look better a bit longer?
Instead of the wellie box idea would I have enough room for something like this? A pantry/cupboard that has space for my microwave, mixer, coffee machine 

I've found a local stone/granite place. Just 5 mins away and he will supply direct - my husband sees him on his dog walk in the mornings! at a very good price. So chuffed with that. It will just take a longer time for my kitchen to come together. He will do all the cuts and make a template.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

• Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Just for you to all have a nose....my building works have taken months. It's impacted on everything- my tomatoes have been flattened. Stuff has been left on window ledges as it's difficult to access the garden without going through rooms or disturbing a blackbird in her nest! 
But yesterday was a big day - we knocked through!    

I have had no kitchen for months - no water either now so having to wash dishes in the bathroom sink D
[-] The following 7 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
It’s going to be a lovely big space. Looking forward to seeing it finished. So I can steal ideas  Big Grin
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie