Sweet peppers
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Money maker aubergine I find a very reliable variety. Often get 4 or 5 per plant.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I haven't found a problem with Califonia wonder last year and this at any rate. Just picked one weighing 250g with a slight tinge of red coming. The slugs must have missed it so picked to ripen in kitchen. I have got a bumper crop coming if I can keep the slugs off.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Another sweet pepper thought.

In the centre of some bought peppers amongst the seed you can find what looks like an embryo pepper. I found one this week which looked like it had a baby root. It is now in some water waiting to be planted. Will it grow a pepper plant?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(29-01-2021, 06:28 PM)JJB Wrote: Another sweet pepper thought.

In the centre of some bought peppers amongst the seed you can find what looks like an embryo pepper.  I found one this week which looked like it had a baby root.  It is now in some water waiting  to be planted.  Will it grow a pepper plant?

If it is a seed that has germinated then it will grow into a new plant. If it is pepper fruit flesh then I would very much doubt it but let us know how it progresses.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
My first pepper seeds are germinating! I think it's Lipstick (too lazy to go downstairs and recheck the label) - I'm growing that and Sweet Chocolate, both from Real Seeds.

I've never had any luck growing peppers in the past, mostly because my late cat Bertie would eat anything in sight - I had to use a dog cage for raising my sweetcorn or he would munch it down to the ground! This time I'm going to keep them out of the cats' reach, or put them outside if we get a nice enough summer.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eyren's post:
  • toomanytommytoes

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(29-01-2021, 09:26 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote:
(29-01-2021, 06:28 PM)JJB Wrote: Another sweet pepper thought.

In the centre of some bought peppers amongst the seed you can find what looks like an embryo pepper.  I found one this week which looked like it had a baby root.  It is now in some water waiting  to be planted.  Will it grow a pepper plant?

If it is a seed that has germinated then it will grow into a new plant. If it is pepper fruit flesh then I would very much doubt it but let us know how it progresses.

The fruitlet rotted, so no joy of propagation.  Glad really as I have too many pepper seedlings anyway.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Mark_Riga