Adding to the Flock.
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Thanks for the pics Veggie.
Paul says (and he's still recovering from being beaten up) that scraggy neck bert is misnamed, his exact words were 'she's not scraggy necked, the wife looks worse than that' .. cue thump. He also loved the pictures and said he could hear them talking. He talks to chickens Smile whenever possible.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You should indulge Paul and let him have chooks of his own - give him a chance of intelligent conversation. Smile

(Thankfully, I'm out of your reach, JJB). Tongue
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
There's a wacking great thump on the way to South Wales as we speak. Big Grin Do you want a rather used, second hand husband along with it? He's killing himself with laughter. No such thing as intelligent conversation in this house. Come to think of it, any sort of conversation is mostly missing too! Perhaps chooks are the answer.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You'd miss him, grunting in the garden as he digs!

PS Paul - I made up the grunting bit but I'm sure you do. Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
^^^ oh yes, grunting, cursing and the occasional swearing, they all come with the package of a grumpy old man. Yes I would miss him. He has to replace the cooker element when it arrives, however independent I like to think I am, that job is beyond me. So perhaps I'll despatch him to you next week. He'd love to come to your neck of the woods, he has a much loved cousin in Mumbles. Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
He'll need to be here before Friday or wait a couple of weeks as Wales is going into lockdown on Friday.
Much as I love the Swansea area, in my head, people in Mumbles are toothless, with sunken mouths that show their gums when they "mumble".
Maybe I should add that to words that make me laugh. Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
^^^ I second mumbles as a laughing word. Another one I came across yesterday is a village near Andover called Smannell. I find it difficult to get my mumbly gums around that one. New thread alert......amusing village names!
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(21-10-2020, 11:45 AM)Veggie Wrote: Have you ever tried to get 4 chickens to stand still and smile for the camera, all at the same time?
Here's proof that its not possible.Wink
They're more bedraggled than normal as they've been out in the rain.

Some individual portraits to follow.  Cool
I'm still laughing today at your comment "Have you ever tried to get 4 chickens to stand still and smile for the camera"SmileSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You wouldn't laugh if you'd tried it, Danny. Smile
The ganged up on me this morning and scattered in all directions before I could direct them to their day run. Rattling corn and calling "Here chook,chook,chook" n a clucky way had no effect whatsoever. I gave up and had a coffee, then went to find them. They were at the furthest end of the garden, in the bit I laughingly call "the Plot" where the beans and courgettes grow.
I had to catch each chicken and carry her back to the run - then go and catch another one until all 3 were safe. Mrs Brown made her own way back as usual.
Once the last one was in, I closed the gate and gave a sigh of relief.................but not for long, Dora the Explorer, Sticky up tail Bert flew up to the top of the gate and landed on my arm. Might have to teach her to talk next!
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Broadway Offline
Sounds like a lot of fun VeggieSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie