Adding to the Flock.
Jay Offline
Sorry to hear about Dora, Veggie!

When my father in law died many years ago his ashes ended up in the fire safe until his family could scatter them!! He would have loved that!! Big Grin
West of Scotland
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
My pal's husband had a plaintive email from an undertaker who was tidying up their stores to say they still had his relative's ashes on the shelf from several years ago and would he or his family care to collect them! Nothing like being remembered after you're gone Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Veggie

Broadway Offline
We have Stella's ashes in a box to go in with me when I go. I loved that dog so much.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie

Jay Offline
Aww Danny, I know how you feel!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Commiserations on the loss of Dora Veggie.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Today, it was Gwen the hen's turn to fly to the Chicken Coop in the sky. (That's not the Co-op shop but the Coop). She's been going downhill for a few days so I've been expecting it.
Just Bronwen the Brown one left now.
By coincidence there were rescue hens looking for homes at the local pickup point today but I have decided that Bronwen will stay an Only and the Last. She's very sociable and has been helping me in the garden all morning. She's also laying eggs to earn her keep, unlike Gwen who retired a few months ago.
Night, night Gwen. x
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 8 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Jay, JJB, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(21-05-2022, 02:35 PM)Veggie Wrote: Today, it was Gwen the hen's turn to fly to the Chicken Coop in the sky. (That's not the Co-op shop but the Coop). She's been going downhill for a few days so I've been expecting it.
Just Bronwen the Brown one left now.
By coincidence there were rescue hens looking for homes at the local pickup point today but I have decided that Bronwen will stay an Only and the Last. She's very sociable and has been helping me in the garden all morning. She's also laying eggs to earn her keep, unlike Gwen who retired a few months ago.
Night, night Gwen. x
RIP Gwen
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Sad to hear your news Veggie, by bye Gwen.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thank goodness for this thread - as I couldn't remember when I collected these girls - 17/10/20 so they've had 18 months of freedom.
Original photos at https://gardenandgossip.org/showthread.p...504&page=5 when they were all called Bert. Big Grin
White Bum Bert flew away today and Scraggy Neck Bert is still here, bossing the dogs around.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Its hard, but you do get attached to them don't you. I had a Faverolle cockerel who was big softy and liked a cuddle.I also had another Silver Sussex cockerel whom I called Sid (Sid Viscious) who I couldn't get near because he came at me with his spurs feet first.
I liked them both for different reasons though as Sid used to guard his little Harim of about six hens and the faverolle was probably gay! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie