Adding to the Flock.
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Poor poor Blodwen. May she sit on a fluffy cloud and watch over you and the others.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
On a more positive note, she's survived a year longer than the other rescue girls I had at the same time. I hate it when they "fly the coop" but console myself by knowing that they've enjoyed some freedom after their intensive first year of life.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, mcdood, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Last night, Dora the Explorer took her last journey and is now exploring the delights of chook heaven.
She'd not been herself for a week or so, lost a lot of feathers in moult and the other girls were picking on her. I've been separating them at night so that she could have some peace. Now she is truly at peace.
Just Gwen and Bronwen left now. Gwen is the only one laying eggs. Bronwen is growing her feathers back after moulting so may start laying again soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
Sad 
(02-01-2022, 01:49 PM)Veggie Wrote: Last night, Dora the Explorer took her last journey and is now exploring the delights of chook heaven.
She'd not been herself for a week or so, lost a lot of feathers in moult and the other girls were picking on her. I've been separating them at night so that she could have some peace. Now she is truly at peace.
Just Gwen and Bronwen left now. Gwen is the only one laying eggs. Bronwen is growing her feathers back after moulting so may start laying again soon.
Sorry to hear that Veggie, RIP Dora
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
May Dora find lots of worms and bugs to feast on where she is now Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Poor Dora, it's a sad day when our friends go. Next door is still grieving over cat understandably. Have I said she's considering putting the cats ashes on the mantlepiece?? Am I alone in thinking that's a bit bizarre?
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:

SarrissUK Offline
No, you're not alone, I do find that a bit bizarre too. I don't find the ashes or bodies of my beloved pets help me at all to grieve or remember them - I do that anyway. However, I do tend to buy a plant in memory of my pets when one passes, which helps me immensely.

I'd find it odd to dust my pets whenever I get around to doing dusting.....
[-] The following 4 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I too always like to plant something either over or in honour of someone (thing) departed. Brings back memories. Dusting? What's that exactly? Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I don't do ashes or burials - as for hoarding ashes!!!
After my F-in-law died, for some forgotten reason we had his ashes in a wooden box with a brass plaque on it. M-in-law was in a home and we didn't know quite what to do with the casket.
My Mum came to stay while we went on holidays and, during her dusting, she found this box.
She took great delight in telling me that "Its the first time I've slept with a man in the bedroom since your Father died.".Big Grin

Next Chapter...........after M-in-law died we took both their ashes to St Ives, where they used to live, to scatter them on the headland. As Sis-in-law opened the box, a strong gust came in off the sea and covered her in ash. She spent the rest of the day picking her parents off her clothing!
I thought it was hilarious but she wasn't amused.Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Roitelet, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
^^^SmileSmile when dad died my brother wanted to take some of his ashes to scatter on a favourite spot from their motorbiking jaunts, which he did. The devil in me often wondered which bit of dad is missing and whether there's a leg or arm helping a tree grow on the roadside somewhere in northern France. I wonder if mother, who is buried with him, has noticed he's lost weight ??
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, Small chilli, Veggie