Omar's Lebanese
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
This is the first year growing this and it has quickly gone to the top of the To Grow list!

It is a big beef type with almost no pips and hardly any core, just firm, dense flesh - perfect sliced with some garlic, basil, oil & seasoning. The flavour is sweetish but with a good amount of tartness to make it savoury enough. I've only picked four so far so it hasn't been cooked, and to be honest is unlikely to be. It has a pretty pink blush and has not suffered from blight in quite the same way as the black krim, marmande & pineapple, but it has been very slow into production. But then almost all of my plants (this one included) were almost levelled by blight back in June so it is amazing to have fruit at all.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 8 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB, Mikey, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Mikey Offline
That’s a tidy size PP, any splitting issues with them, are they particularly sensitive to water imbalance, or division on the flower end?

I love a nice soft skinned beefsteak, they make such a lovely fresh salad.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
No splitting at all, but then as it hasn't really rained since June ...
My tomatoes are treated hard and get a small water and feed once a week however hot it is, so pretty consistent. There has only been a tiny bit of blossom end rot on some of the Romas.  I'll be able to update after the weekend as it looks as though we may get some proper rain. and although under a roof one of the Omar's is on the edge so will get more water than its neighbour.
Oh, and the skin is very thin Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey