The build
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
In another universe long long ago I started a thread about a possible dream coming true.

A quick recap 
11.10.18 we met with the architect for the first time after being offered some land to build on.
12.02.19 planning permission was refunded. With very little hope of fighting to overturn the decision.
Between 14 and 19.02.19 we viewed, made an offer and offer got rejected on a property 
24.02.19 we were offered another piece of land ! 
10.07.19 we got planning permission!
20. 11.19 wrote rather a large post (in the other universe) Complaining about solicitors.
16.01.20 building warrant went in.

Now to the present day.

17.08.20 we finally got the building warrant back / accepted.....what ever the he11 they do.
So what are we waiting for now? You guessed it the ****ing solicitors ! We still don’t own the land because of them faffing about. We thought we’d be signing papers last week. All the paperwork came back and suddenly out of nowhere another clause had been added. 
But finally actually starting something physical is in touching distance! Not just throwing money at people and beating my head against a wall. 
Yes granted lockdown has slowed the process but building warrant & land perches should of been done & dusted long before any of this COVID crisis.
We’ve still been collecting things for the build while we’re been waiting for idiots! We now have most of the timber for our garage. Someone brought a house kit but never put it up ?! They were going to burn it !! It’s now sat in our field under a very large bright red lorry tarpaulin. Yesterday Bob came home with 5 hard hats and we collected a section of fish farm walkway. That will give us our initial access to our plot over the ditch. 
So in short I’m very excited and ready to kill people all at the same time  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 11 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, doublyjonah, Jay, JJB, Mamzie, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I'm so happy for you - finally your dream can come true Smile
Go for it - can't wait to watch it all coming together.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Can the Man, Small chilli

Bren Offline
Really pleased for you both it sounds like things are finally happening Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Small chilli

Admin Offline
The Boss
Great news! Look forward to following the progress Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Good news! We hope to see pics of progress. A daunting project.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Excellent news - having done the same it is an amazing experience.
Calculate how much insulation you need or can afford and then find some way to put in twice as much. Will save pounds on heating and maybe even cooling bills in the future Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Mamzie, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(20-08-2020, 07:28 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Excellent news - having done the same it is an amazing experience.
Calculate how much insulation you need or can afford and then find some way to put in twice as much. Will save pounds on heating and maybe even cooling bills in the future Smile
We’re using sips system (structural insulated panels). So it’s going to be toasty  Cool . Allegedly easy to put up. Let’s hope so. We’re doing it all after foundations    Big Grin .
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Mamzie, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Roitelet Offline
Best of luck and I will watch the progress with interest.
[-] The following 2 users Like Roitelet's post:

Mikey Offline
I'm a big fan of straw bales for insulation, they are cheap, dense and incredibly warming. I also like the soft textural walls they create inside, once they have been attacked with a chainsaw, there's something very comforting about super thick walls. 

I'm doing my best not to ask what are you building, as I'll be scribbling furiously in seconds. I can't help myself.  Blush
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I would of loved straw bales to build with. But they’re not cheap up here. They’re like bl@@dy hens teeth up here  Rolleyes .
We are going with 2 bedroom, single storey. Wood clad, tin roof. All easy we can do ourselves. The only extravagant bit is the vaulted roof in the living room so we can have pointy windows to make the best of this view.

[-] The following 8 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mamzie, PyreneesPlot, Veggie