The build
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,131
(03-04-2023, 09:01 PM)Veggie Wrote: Could you clad it, like the rest of the house or would that be a variation to the planning permission?
Yeah we could but we think it’d just be to much wood. A bit to shed like. 
What ever we do that’s not the stone on the actual building warrant. We have to reapply. Not surprisingly they charge you for the privilege    Dodgy .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,132
Do you have to have the building signed off before you can move in?
Just wondering whether you can put a temporary cover on the porch that could be replaced when you have the funds?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,133
(03-04-2023, 10:52 PM)Veggie Wrote: Do you have to have the building signed off before you can move in?
Just wondering whether you can put a temporary cover on the porch that could be replaced when you have the funds?
No don’t have to be signed off . We can get a certificate of habitation. Which is what we will be doing. But the longer sign off takes the more money you have to pay! You only have 3 years from building warrant issue to completion. Then you have to keep buying extensions. First extension gives you 6 months. All other extensions after that are for 3 months. I think it’s about £150 a time! (Robbing bar stewards! ) we will be getting at least one extension. Our warrant ends in August. Due to the fiasco the solicitors made of our land purchase! We had the building warrant slowly ticking it’s time away for just over a month before we could start. Then there was the structural engineer fiasco that stopped the build for another 6 weeks. Then our own stoppages while we made money for the build. 

build a house they said, it’ll be fun they said    Wink .
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Bren Offline
#1,134
SC I also like it a lot  Smile

At the seaside town of Hornsey they have a lot of houses covered in hand sized beach pebbles pushed into render Confused  think that’s what it’s called would that work for you?
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,135
(04-04-2023, 08:14 PM)Bren Wrote: SC I also like it a lot  Smile

At the seaside town of Hornsey they have a lot of houses covered in hand sized beach pebbles pushed into render Confused  think that’s what it’s called would that work for you?
That’s exactly what our architect said no to. After chatting with a builder today who did our foundations. It would of been possible if we’d made our foundation a little bigger.  Because apparently to do that we need strong foundations and block work. As we were told know we didn’t do that. So we can’t do that now anyway. I’m sure we’ll think of something    Blush .
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,136
A couple of days ago we were stood outside chatting with our neighbours as they were walking their dog.
Breeze got cold and didn’t want to stay outside. Turns out he didn’t want to miss out either.

[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Jay, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
#1,137
Would stone'slips' not be appropriate (If you can get such a thing?)I know you can get brick slips but not sure about stone.Awkward if you need to create a cavity though?
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Admin Offline
The Boss
#1,138
Could you create a living wall?
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,139
(05-04-2023, 09:45 AM)Vinny Wrote: Would stone'slips' not be appropriate (If you can get such a thing?)I know you can get brick slips but not sure about stone.Awkward if you need to create a cavity though?
That exactly the stuff we couldn’t afford.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,140
(05-04-2023, 10:38 AM)Admin Wrote: Could you create a living wall?
That’s a lovely idea. Very doubtful with our backward planning office.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • PyreneesPlot