Tomato Gallery
Farendwoman Offline
As in previous years, Bloody Butcher and Galena have been my first picks. Really pleased with both of them, both for flavour and productivity.
Definites again for next year.
Honey Drop also producing very sweet, pretty little orange tear drop shaped tomatoes with a good flavour
The other varieties are “coming along nicely”, but yet to be ripe enough to harvest.
All grown outside, so no coddling!
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
My Honey Drop plant from Sarriss' seed has super long trusses. Not had any ripe ones yet but looking forward to tasting. I've had a few ripe Goldkrone and it's probably the nicest yellow tomato I've tried.
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
George Detsikas Italian Red

Wispy regular leaf indeterminate. An Italian heirloom given to George Detsikas from Canada 30+ years ago. Can produce some very big, red tomatoes, this one weighed 621g. Very meaty but slightly soft in texture. It's been a weird year for greenhouse tomatoes here, looks like it would be a massive producer under normal conditions.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
True Colours

Very wispy potato leaf indeterminate bred by Karen Olivier from Canada. Beautiful heart shaped fruit. Taste was really good, quite light and refreshing, excellent balance of sweet and tangy, really nice texture. Unfortunately like most of my greenhouse tomatoes production has been really poor.

[-] The following 6 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
Longhorn

Wispy regular leaf indeterminate producing dark oxheart fruit, bred by J&L Gardens in the USA. Pretty looking. Taste a bit so-so and texture a bit mealy - could have been overripe. Another greenhouse tomato which looked like it would be a huge producer but gave up past the first truss.

[-] The following 6 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
(03-08-2023, 01:11 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote:
(23-09-2022, 02:55 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote:
(28-08-2022, 02:36 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: Nagina F1

Also known as Crimson Plum F1, from the same breeder (Burpee) as Crimson Crush etc. Very good yields of 8-10 fruit per truss, average fruit weight 50-60g. Plums aren't usually the best for fresh eating but this one is quite tasty raw with good sweetness and acidity and rich tomato flavour, the only draw back is a thick skin. Supposed to be very blight resistant. So far we have harvested 7kg from 9 plants with lots more to come. A definite keeper for me in terms of yield and earliness, and if it's as blight resistant as reported then I could see this becoming the most popular plum tomato to grow. £1.09 for 10 seeds from Premier Seeds Direct.
Still pumping out the tomatoes, we've harvested over 20kg so far from 9 plants. Looks like there are a couple more kilograms left, too. Incredible yield from a 4x4ft space.
The final yield was 29.371kg. They're doing really well outside again this year and have been producing ripe fruit for a few weeks already. Barely touched by the blight that's around, so far.
Another fantastic year for this variety, a final yield of 36.657kg from 9 plants! That yield, outdoors, in this country, in 1 square metre of space, is phenomenal. They had a bit of blight on the leaves but it never got into the stem and none of the fruit were affected. 

Total yield of all tomatoes combined this year was 78.284kg. The greenhouse tomatoes were atrocious this year, total yield down 20kg from 2022. 

I do have some more photos but I can't remember which varieties they are so...  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Veggie