Special Offers
JJB Offline
Moonraker
I took advantage of T&M free p&p and cheap seeds but £6.99 p&p always puts me off
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I agree, JJB. You have to look at the offer as £9.99 for 9 tomato plants and 10 packets of seeds. MSE, whose offer this is, describe it as plants plus seeds for less than £10.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-05-2023, 09:42 AM)Veggie Wrote: I agree, JJB. You have to look at the offer as £9.99 for 9 tomato plants and 10 packets of seeds. MSE, whose offer this is, describe it as plants plus seeds for less than £10.

Said  like that it's an appealing offer. I'm not sure I can cope with any more toms, I have over 50!  Cry and I'm beginning  to wonder why Huh
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
https://www.hotbincomposting.com/

15% off Hotbins today and tomorrow (5th and 6th May). They are still expensive, but from my research I think I should make the money back (by not buying compost) within two or three years so I'm going for it! Might be some delivery issues, but I'm just going to hope it works out.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 2 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Which one are you thinking of, Pros? I have the 200.

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Yes, it's the 200 that I've gone for. I'm getting the plinth as well, which might be a waste of money (given I could raise it up with anything) but I thought better get a bundle with money off than buy a plinth at full price later when I realise I want one. The Mega is too big for me on my own (I reckon I could fill it during some parts of the year, but couldn't keep it hot over winter, plus it is very expensive!) and the Mini is too small, even just for my food scraps. Hoping the 200 is just right and can take care of all but my bulkiest garden waste, plus the food scraps that are less suitable for my worms (I currently give them lots of things with seeds in, that would be better off being hot composted).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Proserpina's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I put mine on 2 planks of wood. As a little shortie, it can be a bit of a stretch to reach in to mix the contents! I also think the "compost in 30-90 days is very optimistic" so I wouldn't bank on that happening. However, its more successful than cold composting has been.

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I've been watching quite a few "realistic" Hotbin videos on YouTube so hopefully I've got reasonable expectations. It has to be better than my random pile at the bottom of the garden anyway!
[-] The following 2 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Chiltern seeds
To celebrate the Coronation of King Charles III we are offering 15% off all seeds this weekend! Simply add the code CORONATION23 at the checkout (gift vouchers not included). Offer ends midnight Monday 8th May.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes

JJB Offline
Moonraker
SUTTONS FREE DELIVERY WEEKEND
Get FREE Delivery on ALL plants, bulbs, seeds & plants
with no minimum spend!
Greetings from Salisbury
  • toomanytommytoes, Veggie