Special Offers
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Free P&P with Mr F and DTBrown until midnight, 1st December.
Unfortunately, seed packet prices have returned to normal!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Not exactly a "special" offer but stamps are going to cost more from 1st January - so stock up now with 1st and 2nd class stamps and beat the increase.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55150052
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(01-12-2020, 06:01 PM)Veggie Wrote: Not exactly a "special" offer but stamps are going to cost more from 1st January - so stock up now with 1st and 2nd class stamps and beat the increase.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55150052
I have a sheet of 1st class Christmas stamps I was given about 10 years ago. Can I still use them?
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
As long as there isn't a value on them - like 25p you can use them as 1st class stamps for ever. They can be a good investment.Smile

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Don't know whether this is a special offer or not!! https://freeplants.co.uk/
Apparently, they give away free plants and you pay £4.95 P&P and you can buy plants at the same time if you wish.
Its mostly plants but there are some sundries like Dalefoot compost reduced.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • toomanytommytoes

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Saw this on FB. https://everythingwildlife.co.uk/product...RvuJyDCxyY
Any 5 packets of "wildlife" flower bulbs for £5 + P&P (check this first as I'm not sure what it is).
There are various other wildlife houses etc in their sale too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, toomanytommytoes

toomanytommytoes Offline
£3.95 postage for the 5 packs
[-] The following 1 user Likes toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
Can anyone tell me if dtbrown uses royalmail for delivery? My seeds have at last been dispatched and I am worried they will disappear into the ether the way my last two packages have. One from whshoddy and one from amaz0n who have always delivered perfectly well before. I had emails to say both were delivered, but never got them.
If the seeds come by RM they'll get here for sure, otherwise, someone is having a nice Christmas at my expense. Sad
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu

toomanytommytoes Offline
(14-12-2020, 11:56 AM)Moth Wrote: Can anyone tell me if dtbrown uses royalmail for delivery? My seeds have at last been dispatched and I am worried they will disappear into the ether the way my last two packages have. One from whshoddy and one from amaz0n who have always delivered perfectly well before. I had emails to say both were delivered, but never got them.
If the seeds come by RM they'll get here for sure, otherwise, someone is having a nice Christmas at my expense. Sad
Mine came via Royal Mail.

Have a feeling a lot of people are going to have similar problems with their deliveries this year, the couriers must've hired a load of new drivers to keep up with demand.
[-] The following 1 user Likes toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Moth

toomanytommytoes Offline
(08-12-2020, 01:09 PM)Veggie Wrote: Saw this on FB. https://everythingwildlife.co.uk/product...RvuJyDCxyY
Any 5 packets of "wildlife" flower bulbs for £5 + P&P (check this first as I'm not sure what it is).
There are various other wildlife houses etc in their sale too.
Received my 5 packs on Friday. Pretty good quality for so late in the season. A few of the bulbs were a bit mouldy and the Nectarosodum/sphaerocephalon/crocuses/hyacinths were sprouting. The bulbs are mixed together in one bag and while most of them are easily distinguishable, some of the alliums look quite alike.

Lots of Luck (mostly sphaerocephalon) - Allium nigrum, Allium 'Purple Sensation', Allium sphaerocephalon, Nectaroscordum siculum

Bee Happy (mostly crocuses and muscari) - Chiondoxa luc. gigantea, Nectaroscordum siculum, Tulipa linifolia (dwarf red tulip), Muscari armeniacum, Crocus tommasinianus 'Ruby Giant', Anemone blanda
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Moth, Veggie