Tomato favourites - and not so favourites
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I have to add Omar's Lebanese to my must have list after growing it for the first time in 2020.
It is a big pink beefsteak with almost no core, the only downside was how slowly it came into fruit and that there were few fruit per truss. But the flavour made up for all that - sweet but with a good amount of acidity.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 1 user Likes PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(16-01-2021, 01:54 PM)Small chilli Wrote: It’s the first yellow tomato I’ve actually liked the flavour of. And it produces very well.

That goes into the growing box then, thanks
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Mamzie, Small chilli

toomanytommytoes Offline
Pink Berkeley Tie Dye is still probably my favourite. Maskotka is exactly what I want out of a red cherry tomato, a good balance of sweetness and acidity. Rosella is just about as good as Black Cherry and seems like it would do better in a poor summer. Red Robin is my favourite micro dwarf so far. Hoping to find some new favourites this year.
[-] The following 5 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Mamzie, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Thanks TMTT, perhaps we could twist your arm to save some seed for next years swap. Smile
Greetings from Salisbury

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
I love black cherry, but get very frustrated with it splitting and blight Sad but Black opal was great alternative for it last year for me, so will be growing them again this year. will be sowing Black cherry to give away, so may end up growing it as well x

My favourite was indigo roses, but had a huge range of sizes from large cherry to large salad size, with peacevine a close runner up. Gonna try peacevine outside as well this year, as it felt like a semi-determinate who would have loved having its feet in the ground last year x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 3 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Mamzie, I'm planning to grow both your indigo rose and peacevine this year, they're both new to me. I'm looking forward to tasting them. Thanks for the seeds.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Mamzie, Veggie

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
Those are my 2 top favourites from last year Smile

I am hoping they all grow well for everyone. My first time saving seeds deliberately for contributing to a swap x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mamzie's post:
  • JJB