What colour of debris netting
Curly Offline
I was thinking of buying some debris netting to cover some of the garden but there are various colours to pick from so is there a best colour for this or is it simply the best price or best blending in that you go for
[-] The following 1 user Likes Curly's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
A couple of us at  my last allotment site did a bit of an  experiment with various colours of debri netting.

We came to the conclusion that blue was best for general growth. We tried red,blue and green. If I remember rightly we figured red was better for fruiting plants.

All very unscientific and just a bit of fun though! Big Grin

Like different coloured chopping boards for meat, veg etc you could have your beds colour coded! Idea
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Bren Offline
I'm a back garden grower so i went with black debris netting its hardly noticeable but I have read that colour you have makes a difference to how the plants grow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Can the Man

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I chose the standard green because it was cheap and easily available.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Stem20 Offline
I also use green as that was the colour the scaffolders use and i grabbed all the used fabric when they had finished.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stem20's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Mikey Offline
I've got yellow micro netting I thought that was a bit weird, I've not used it yet, but I'm not sure I like the look of it.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I ordered green, but it was a bit of a violent green rather than the darker green I wanted, but price was the deciding factor. Not sure whether I'd go for yellow though. I'm interested in hearing about the different colours for different plants - what colour for tomatoes then?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey

Mikey Offline
Red JJB, you need to hide the toms. Wink

I didn't go for yellow either they were meant to be white.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • JJB

SarrissUK Offline
I use black netting, but that was because that's what was covering the polytunnel frame when I took over my allotment Smile