2020 Seed Swap Circles
toomanytommytoes Offline
...also maybe some Dahlia Bishop's Children and Dahlia Mignon (cute little bedding dahlias, good for bees).
[-] The following 4 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Mamzie, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I would like to join but with the following doubts -
I have no experience of saving anything beyond easy things like cosmos or zinnia. Sad
Not wanting to inflict the cost of foreign postage on anyone  Cry
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Mamzie, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Jump in, PP, with whatever you can - we'll pass the hat round for the postage. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Mamzie, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
I agree with veggie. Join us PP.
I love cosmos & zinnia  Cool .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Mamzie, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yes me too! Zinnia don't always set seed here in the UK as they take ages before they flower so often not a long enough window.

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
You lovely lot - although it might be easier just to send you all packets of zinnia - Lidl here usually have them for 69cents! Which I KNOW isn't the point Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Mikey, Small chilli, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
(11-06-2020, 01:20 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: I'd like to join, please. I have some beans, peas, and tomatoes that I'll try to save seed from this year. Can also do some flowers, though I seem to have worse luck saving from flowers.

Also happy for a commercial extras swap.

I'm feeling optimistic about my ability to organize this year...

Well...the peas are looking quite dodgy now with mildew and general sogginess. This week of rain did not seem to be to their liking.

I have saved some calendula Sherbet Fizz. I don't see an indication that they're F1 or anything. Do they make F1 calendula? I know the seed is ok because I've already started growing some seedlings for next year. (They survived the winter last year and happily flowered until about a month ago.)

I've saved some tomato seeds, but not sure how many we'll need per person in the swap. So far, Black Cherry, Marmande, Yellow Pear, and Gardener's Delight. My paranoia about getting them mixed up increases with every variety saved...Still haven't saved Plum Roma, Moneymaker, Blush, or Violet Jasper, but will attempt to do so.

Not sure if named sweet peas tend to come true to type, but planning to save some of those as well.

For DFBs, growing Tendergreen and Vermont Cranberry. For CFBs, growing Tiger and Kew Blue. No beans saved yet.

Growing Mrs Connell's Black Runner Beans as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
(04-08-2020, 03:26 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ll be saving seeds from these

Purple poppy

Anthurium

Round courgette de nizza

Purple sprouting broccoli, purple lupin, Claytonia ( depends how many people are in swap ), lots of varieties of chilli, a few tomato, will add to my list if I’m saving anything else. 

Me and Tianna were gathering the seed heads from our yellow lupin a week or so ago. Then helped them pop out few days later and blowing pod debris away. No idea if we did it right, but we love lupins. Think our other one we saved  is also purple  x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 2 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(08-06-2020, 09:58 PM)Veggie Wrote: I'll have tomatoes and have just saved some Fairbeard's Non-Pareil peas for swapping.
The peas weren't dry enough and have rotted - sorry. Sad
Hoping to save Hunter CFBs and Primel DFBs.
Have saved Lovage.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Scarlet, Small chilli

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I'm definitely out, unless anyone wants some randomly crossed radishes. I have lots of radishes that went to seed and are nicely drying, but goodness knows what varieties I started out with, and how they may or may not have crossed!

Suspect that's a resounding no, thank you Big Grin

Hopefully, I'll be all set for a swap this time next year.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 2 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie