What made you sad today
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
My mother's house sale (sold in Feb, just before lockdown) has now fallen through. I hope she doesn't lose the flat she should be buying. As she says, she's in her 80s and doesn't have much time left to spend waiting for things to happen!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Neffa, Scarlet, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(07-08-2020, 02:58 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: My mother's house sale (sold in Feb, just before lockdown) has now fallen through. I hope she doesn't lose the flat she should be buying. As she says, she's in her 80s and doesn't have much time left to spend waiting for things to happen!
Sorry to hear that PPSad
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
My county expected to go into lockdown from midnight tonight Sad
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

Broadway Offline
(07-08-2020, 05:33 PM)Can the Man Wrote: My county expected to go into lockdown from midnight tonight Sad
Can you work from home CtM ?
Regards..........Danny Smile

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(07-08-2020, 05:36 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 05:33 PM)Can the Man Wrote: My county expected to go into lockdown from midnight tonight Sad
Can you work from home CtM ?
Yes Danny, I’ve been working from home since 18th March, only been in the office 3 times in that time. Last Tuesday was the longest I spent there, I went in at 9 because my new car was due for delivery at 12 and I had a few conference calls to make. Normally there is 50-70 people working in our office, on Tuesday there was about 12, it was scary and uncomfortable. 
This new lockdown down is due to a number of meat factories in the area having high levels of contamination and they want to control the spread. I reckon they are doing it wrong. They need to contain the virus at source, the factories where these people work and their shared accommodation. Shutting cafes and restaurants and telling us all to stay at home is pointless because they say if you need to travel to work etc. that you can, leaving the sources to self isolate won’t work, these are migrant workers who need to be in controlled quarantine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Mikey Offline
As you know I’m a forager as well as a gardener, I see the landscape like an extended garden except mine is about a 3 mile radius. I know where most things are inside that circle and have been monitoring the elder in a particular hedgerow for two years.

Year 1’s growth is year 2’s flowers and fruit. I gather in different places for different purposes and had left this particular hedge for berries this year as there are about 15 substantial bushes in a hundred yard length, enough to make about 8kg of syrup from.

Someone cut the hedge yesterday stripping it of all the ripening berries back down to bare stumps. 2 years watching and waiting and only 2-3 weeks off picking. This makes me sad, I understand the farmer or contractor is working to a different schedule than mine and that it is their land but, for me it’s like an insect infestation spoiling your crop at the last minute. Sad

This kind of thing happens a lot when you forage, you have to roll with the punches but, the heart still sinks.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Neffa Offline
In the last 3 weeks - greenhouse reformed, raised beds lowered for perennials etc.

I just cannot do everything that me, OH, poorly dog, home and garden needs.

No nothing next year.

Off to learn how to crochet and knit.
Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. 

Quote author unknown.
[-] The following 2 users Like Neffa's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
So disappointing for you Neffa, I hope things improve. 《♡》 here's a hug.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(08-08-2020, 06:29 AM)Mikey Wrote: As you know I’m a forager as well as a gardener, I see the landscape like an extended garden except mine is about a 3 mile radius. I know where most things are inside that circle and have been monitoring the elder in a particular hedgerow for two years.

Year 1’s growth is year 2’s flowers and fruit. I gather in different places for different purposes and had left this particular hedge for berries this year as there are about 15 substantial bushes in a hundred yard length, enough to make about 8kg of syrup from.

Someone cut the hedge yesterday stripping it of all the ripening berries back down to bare stumps. 2 years watching and waiting and only 2-3 weeks off picking. This makes me sad, I understand the farmer or contractor is working to a different schedule than mine and that it is their land but, for me it’s like an insect infestation spoiling your crop at the last minute. Sad

This kind of thing happens a lot when you forage, you have to roll with the punches but, the heart still sinks.
Sorry for your loss Mikey Sad
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Mikey

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(08-08-2020, 06:29 AM)Mikey Wrote: As you know I’m a forager as well as a gardener, I see the landscape like an extended garden except mine is about a 3 mile radius. I know where most things are inside that circle and have been monitoring the elder in a particular hedgerow for two years.

But at least they waited until the birds should have finished nesting. Probably a coincidence.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey