What made you sad today
Baldy Offline
I've either had my 4amp battery nicked from my GH or I've misplaced it.
My sadness level will depend on which of those two possibilities has actually happened.
There's also a water thief on the plot and I'm sad my wildlife camera hasn't yet caught em at it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Baldy's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Moth

Jay Offline
My friends mum passed away today, I’m so sad we won’t be able to go to her funeral! Sad
West of Scotland
[-] The following 9 users Like Jay's post:
  • Admin, Baldy, Can the Man, JJB, Moth, Neffa, Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
My like is a really sad sympathetic like Jay, having also had to miss the funeral of a close friend last month.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 6 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Jay, Neffa, Norfolk Grey, Veggie

Neffa Offline
That sadness is a part of everyday life.

X
Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. 

Quote author unknown.
[-] The following 3 users Like Neffa's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, PyreneesPlot

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Planned the 'garden party's for friends a 3pm today. Tidied up the patio, OH cut lawn and hedges yesterday. We were going to have coffee biccys and home grown strawberries. At 2.30pm the heavens opened so we cancelled, now at 3.45 the sun's out. I can't win today. Maybe tomorrow or next week, although tomorrow's weather looks dodgy. On the bright side it was enough rain so I don't have to water tonight. Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Veggie

Broadway Offline
My son who works in a bar/pub has been with us for 3 months now. He got a call today saying he should go back to London as hopefully starting back to work the week after next. I'm happy for him but also really tearful in the same breath.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I have failed in my attempt to find a house to rent so my move to a single room in a run-down accommodation block with a shared bathroom and kitchen is going to be rather less temporary than I had hoped. I don't yet know if I'll have a sink in my room, never mind a windowsill where I might be able to at least have some pea-shoots and herbs. Most of my plants will be uprooted and left behind, though a few things can go to my parents' house. My TV will have to go into storage, and I suspect the shared WiFi won't be good enough to stream or download TV shows anyway. I won't be able to garden, go to the theatre, or watch telly, and I'm definitely not going to want to cook/bake in a shared kitchen. I'm not going to be living somewhere I can easily go out for walks (at least two buses to get somewhere pleasant), especially as it starts to get dark earlier. So that is most of the things I enjoy doing ruled out!

I have downloaded lots of games from Steam and Epic, so they should keep me occupied for a while. I can also charge up my Kindle and start reading more (I used to read a lot, but I find it hard to focus on reading when I come home shattered from work). However, that doesn't really seem enough, and I may need to find myself another little hobby. I've quite enjoyed hand-sewing myself some facemasks, so I might try tackling some small sewing projects (like making some little rounds to replace cotton pads). I also need to learn to drive, but that's more on the stressful chores list than the fun list!

I'm trying to remember that a little bit of misery and the loss of my garden is just going to make it all the sweeter when I have finally bought my house, so roll on that happy day! Still, I feel rather disheartened and sad about it all at the moment.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(02-08-2020, 01:34 PM)Proserpina Wrote: I have failed in my attempt to find a house to rent so my move to a single room in a run-down accommodation block with a shared bathroom and kitchen is going to be rather less temporary than I had hoped. I don't yet know if I'll have a sink in my room, never mind a windowsill where I might be able to at least have some pea-shoots and herbs. Most of my plants will be uprooted and left behind, though a few things can go to my parents' house. My TV will have to go into storage, and I suspect the shared WiFi won't be good enough to stream or download TV shows anyway. I won't be able to garden, go to the theatre, or watch telly, and I'm definitely not going to want to cook/bake in a shared kitchen. I'm not going to be living somewhere I can easily go out for walks (at least two buses to get somewhere pleasant), especially as it starts to get dark earlier. So that is most of the things I enjoy doing ruled out!

I have downloaded lots of games from Steam and Epic, so they should keep me occupied for a while. I can also charge up my Kindle and start reading more (I used to read a lot, but I find it hard to focus on reading when I come home shattered from work). However, that doesn't really seem enough, and I may need to find myself another little hobby. I've quite enjoyed hand-sewing myself some facemasks, so I might try tackling some small sewing projects (like making some little rounds to replace cotton pads). I also need to learn to drive, but that's more on the stressful chores list than the fun list!

I'm trying to remember that a little bit of misery and the loss of my garden is just going to make it all the sweeter when I have finally bought my house, so roll on that happy day! Still, I feel rather disheartened and sad about it all at the moment.

You have my heartfelt sympathies Proserpina, If I had lost the opportunity to do all of the things I love I would be sad too.  Try to focus on the joy of buying your own place.  How far in the future will that be?  I'm sending a mental hug as I can't see the right emoji.  On a lighter note, what games are you looking forward to?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm sending you a hug too! BUT this could be an opportunity to start an indoor hobby?

I love gardening and starting things from seed but I don't do much of that during late Autumn and Winter. So I have a few hobbies that I can do in the evening.
I make cakes - I know cooking is out for you but I make sugar flowers to decorate cakes at a later date. Using flowers I've grown in the summer as inspiration.
I also love silver smithing. It's been a recent hobby. Just over the last few years but I can get lost in it for hours.
There will be something that sparks an interest out there for you to do:
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Curly Offline
That I fell up the steps and damaged my knee
[-] The following 2 users Like Curly's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie