How long do you take?
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(23-03-2023, 12:45 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(22-03-2023, 11:54 PM)Jay Wrote:
(22-03-2023, 11:48 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: How many of you have got air fryers?
I haven’t bit the bullet (yet).
Are they generally thought to be a good thing?
I wondered that too…everyone seems to have one except me oh and FeW!!
............and me.Big Grin

.......and me Big Grin  thought about it but counter/kitchen space is an issue. Potentially just another bit of kit that never comes out of the cupboard (like the pasta machine and ice cream maker).
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
It took me about one and three quarter hours to make this today and about 5 minutes to eat it! Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 6 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Bren Offline
No air fryer here either I do have a slow cooker and pressure cooker both get used regularly.
The oven only gets used for baking bread and pies.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(23-03-2023, 01:52 PM)Vinny Wrote: It took me about one and three quarter hours to make this today and about 5 minutes to eat it! Big Grin
It looks delicious!
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, Small chilli

SarrissUK Offline
(22-03-2023, 11:48 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: How many of you have got air fryers?
I haven’t bit the bullet (yet).
Are they generally thought to be a good thing?

I have three! Two in use (one OnePot and one Ninja), and one in the loft in case one of the two in the kitchen breaks lol

Both of mine have many functions - frying, steaming, air frying, slow cooking, pressure cooking, dehydrating etc. I use them for almost every evening meal, but not always both.

Airfrying - home made chips or potato wedges are the most common, but also grilled vegetables, bacon for sarnies, grilled chicken and anything that would be stuck in the over or under the grill.
Pressure cooking - sunday roasts, whether that is beef or a whole chicken, veg for soup, stews, rice pudding etc
Slow cooking - same as pressure cooking, depending on how much in a hurry I am

I turn my oven on maybe once a month.
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
We eat mainly vegetarian and meals "on average" probably take about 1/2 an hour to prepare. But there is a proviso. I do nearly all the cooking (and growing) so Chris eats what she is given. I will often take 2 to 3 hours preparing a meal - but it will last for 4 to 6 days. For example, I just (2 days ago) made a Thai curry with any veg I had plus tofu and it gets served with rice or home made oven chips/wedges. So it took 2 hours but then it is 12 minutes a day after that to cook rice, chips take longer but only 10 minutes to prepare as don't peel as they are out of the garden. So after 2 sittings, there are at least 3 more left in the fridge.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Although I said I don't have an air fryer I do have a halogen oven which is also called an airfryer in some adverts. https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/daewoo-sda1...oven-black
They're often given away on freebie sites - I have 2 at the moment. The heating elements don't last very long and replacing them is almost impossible as its so fiddly so now I just collect the unwanted, still working, ones. If anyone wants a large glass bowl I have at least 4 of them spare. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(23-03-2023, 10:18 PM)Veggie Wrote: Although I said I don't have an air fryer I do have a halogen oven which is also called an airfryer in some adverts. https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/daewoo-sda1...oven-black
They're often given away on freebie sites - I have 2 at the moment. The heating elements don't last very long and replacing them is almost impossible as its so fiddly so now I just collect the unwanted, still working, ones. If anyone wants a large glass bowl I have at least 4 of them spare. Big Grin
Ah, that's what that thing in a box in hte attic is! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
You should bring it down and try it. It heats up instantly, unlike an oven and you can see what's going on inside without taking the lid off. The light is very bright though - that's the downside!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli