Postage stamps going up in April
Farendwoman Offline
I was very cheeky and sent away all my unfranked stamps that I had cut off from envelopes.
They would only have been thrown away otherwise!
Can you believe that they have all been replaced with barcoded ones.
That’s a win!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 6 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Broadway, Garrett, MartinH, Moth, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Brilliant! Even I wasn't brave enough to do that. Must have a look, there may still be some lying around. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Farendwoman Offline
Yep… thirty four pounds worth!
They even replaced the one from the seed exchange that has been backwards and forwards to you a zillion times.
They are still accepting stamps - and as you know it’s free post to send them in so nothing lost!
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Garrett, Moth, Small chilli, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
And they’ve just announced that first class stamps are going up by 15p to £1.25!
Who is going to send letters any more?
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Just read that too FEW. https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2...ce-change/

"First-class stamp prices will rise by 14% for standard size letters, Royal Mail has confirmed. From Monday 2 October, the cost of a first-class stamp will be hiked to £1.25 (up 15p from £1.10). Other stamp prices will also rise, though standard second-class stamps will remain at their current price of 75p."

What that ^^^ excerpt doesn't say is that second class (large) stamps are going up by 35% (from £1.15 to £1.55).
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I still think it's cheap to send a letter! Tongue The way I look at it is that I need to find someone to get me a letter from one end of the country to the opposite end in a couple of days? Huh
Who would like to take this letter for me for a pittance? (under a couple of quid) 

Taxi driver, pony express,bus driver, train driver, aircraft pilot, I think not? Rolleyes  This is where Royal Mail steps in. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The way I look at it is - P&P on seeds is going to cost more and that's what matters to me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Stamps going up again in April. Doesn't mention "Large" stamps - but you can bet they'll cost more too.

"The price of stamps will rise again on 2 April - the fourth increase in two years for the cost of sending a letter first class.
Royal Mail said the price of a first-class stamp would rise by 10p to £1.35 and second-class stamps would increase by 10p to 85p."
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Probably had to do that to pay for all the trackers they’re making the posties wear now. If a postie is stationary for more than 3 minutes, it reports them ! The vehicle trackers are bad enough . That they’ve had for ages. Reported for excessive braking! Oddly enough that apparently implies speeding. So most of our posties have to repeatedly explain that on single track roads you’re going to do a lot of braking. But personal trackers. Our postie isn’t happy. He offered stops for a natter
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Standard and large letter stamp prices from Tuesday 2 April
Class & letter size (1) Current price New price Price rise (%)
First – standard £1.25 £1.35 10p (+8%)
First – large £1.95 £2.10 15p (+8%)
Second – standard 75p 85p 10p (+13%)
Second – large £1.55 £1.55 No change
(1) Standard and large letters using the stamps above can weigh 100g max (large letters can weigh up to 750g using other stamps). Standard must be no larger than 24cm x 16.5cm x 5mm. Large letters can be no bigger than 35.3cm x 25cm x 2.5cm.

Fortunately for us seed swappers, second Class large stamps are not going up - still £1.55.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny