Dahlia propagation
MartinH Offline
I took my first batch of Dahlia cuttings last week. They look OK, indoors in an unheated closed propagator. I've never succeeded before, maybe this year...
I will probably be able to take another batch this week but I feel I started a bit late in the season so after that I will pot up the tubers.
[-] The following 3 users Like MartinH's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(28-03-2024, 10:18 AM)MartinH Wrote: I took my first batch of Dahlia cuttings last week. They look OK, indoors in an unheated closed propagator. I've never succeeded before, maybe this year...
I will probably be able to take another batch this week but I feel I started a bit late in the season so after that I will pot up the tubers.
I dont think its too late.... I took cuttings into May last year and they still flowered. 
I would love to know how you get on. Every time I used a closed lid on my propagator they died off from "black leg" 
I see people taking the cuttings by 100s and would love to crack it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • MartinH

MartinH Offline

Five of the six cuttings took nicely, so I'm well happy. But I decided not to take any more, I just divided the tubers and potted them up. I've now got nearly 30 plants, which is more than I can fit in. I might have to dig up some more lawn...
[-] The following 1 user Likes MartinH's post:
  • Veggie