Organising a seed swap!!!
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I was thinking a donation of what ever the individual was willing to give and the money would go to a local charity. This is something I need to discuss with the organiser of the potato day.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’ve had another no from real seeds. They give all the spare seeds to local seed swaps. Which again is fair enough.
I appreciate any company that takes the time to reply & explain.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Years ago, I went to a seed swap that was organised by Real Seeds in their home village. It was brilliant. They had jars of seeds with spoons in - and paper envelopes - and you could help yourself to whatever you wanted. There were plants and rhubarb roots too.
Its too far to travel there now, or I'd be there every year!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
They’ve redeemed themselves!!! I’m going to have to be nice about them for a while now  Big Grin .
T&M are donating seeds. This is just incredibly. It’s going to be a fantastic event. I’m actually quite looking forward to it!
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Garrett, JJB, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Another impossible to contact company is simply seeds.
At the bottom of the contact us page, where you fill in you name, email & comments, is a message saying this system may not work with some old devices!? Please email. My email failed to be delivered after 3 attempts over a 72 hour period.
I might try phoning, but probably not.
  • Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
I've had discussions on the old Faceblok in our gardening group for the village and decided to blast all the seed companies too for donations. To be honest, I've got enough seeds myself to host a swap single-handedly, but it's always nice to get some support from the companies whose coffers I've clearly been filling nicely for years now Big Grin

I will be adding a good amount of seeds from my own stash, but thank you all for your input into this thread - you inspired me to contact the seed companies. I wouldn't have thought to do that Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Proserpina, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I always take far more seeds than I bring back - and I'm not the only one. However, there are some people who wander around saying, "I brought 6 packets and I'm entitled to take 6 packets". Nobody really counts how many you take. I hand over a bundle of seed packets when I arrive and keep going back to the table to see if anything new has come in that takes my fancy,
I'll be taking some gardening books as they're sold to raise funds. Old gardening magazines too.
Don't know if it would interest your swappers but there's usually someone demonstrating to kids how to make a newspaper plant pot, which they fill with compost and a bean seed for the child to take home.
Flower pots given away, tools sharpened and the local beekeepers talking about honey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, SarrissUK, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
SC, would your Swap want seeds of Scots Thistle or would they say that they're weeds?
I have a packet and I'm never going to grow thistles of any sort.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I think a few of them would definitely grow them. Thank you.
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Starting to give up hope on hearing back from this lot. Some of which I’m very disappointed about. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t expecting seed donations from them , just an acknowledgment would of been nice.
Granted there’s still time………. But I’m not holding my breath after a week of nothing.

Heritage seed library
Franchi
Premier seed
Seed parade
Seeds to sow
Kings
Seaspring seeds
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie