Organising a seed swap!!!
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(28-01-2023, 02:21 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(28-01-2023, 09:58 AM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ve contacted another 5 companies this morning.
I keep getting promotional emails from seed companies I’ve forgotten. So they get an email straight back  Big Grin 

After reading though DTbrowns many many information pages I didn’t contact them. They make it very clear that it wouldn’t happen without actually saying  **** off  Wink .
Strange that as DT Brown used to sponsor my last allotment shop by supplying seeds at half price! Huh
They’re like the other companies that have already said no. They have their set charities/ organisations that they support. They actually have a section on their website stating that. It just takes some finding.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.

Admin Offline
The Boss
Not on a scale of the seed companies, but Garden and Gossip will donate £25 to spend on seeds, you could order from premier seeds direct and split the packets.
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 8 users Like Admin's post:
  • Bren, Farendwoman, JJB, Proserpina, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You're so kind, Boss. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(28-01-2023, 07:45 PM)Admin Wrote: Not on a scale of the seed companies, but Garden and Gossip will donate £25 to spend on seeds, you could order from premier seeds direct and split the packets.
Wow thank you so much  Heart . That’s incredibly generous of you boss  Cool  Blush .

Garden & Gossip as with any other organisation that contributes with be getting promoted as much as I can on the day and on Facebook afterwards.
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Mark_Riga, SarrissUK, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Garden & Gossip have donated these seeds. Thank you  Heart .

I’ll be able to split all of these into at least 4 packets when they arrive.  
Hopefully I’ve chosen wisely. A good selection across the board ? It’s difficult choosing seeds for other people    Blush .
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, Garrett, Proserpina, Scarlet, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Great choice, SC. You'd better start making envelopes now - you'll need about 100. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(29-01-2023, 10:34 PM)Veggie Wrote: Great choice, SC. You'd better start making envelopes now - you'll need about 100. Big Grin
I’ve ordered some   Blush . Because I need quite a few for splitting my own seeds as well. The thought of making over a hundred was just to scary!
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Some fine choices there SC, I don't know how you made the decision of what to buy that would entice other people but you seem to have achieved it.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Advice please. As I’ve never been to a swap. What’s the going rate for seeds that are being paid for if they don’t have any to swap?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The HSL seeds at the swap I go to are £1 but its really up to you and how many seeds you have to offer - and what the aim is for raising money. If its to go into the Gardening Club funds - or support a local project or, you might just want to get people gardening and growing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli