Soft drinks
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
They've been advertising AF Guinness on the radio tonight!

A glass of Apple juice is nice and grape juice feels a bit like drinking wine.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

Jimny14 Offline
Don't forget the correct glassware and treatment of an AF drink can be most of the trick. I know my mum has been known on occasion to ask for a gin and tonic without gin, instead of a tonic water in the last few years.
What she means is get a big fancy glass, plenty ice, some bits of fruit, herbs, garnish etc, a nice straw and fill it with tonic.
Rather than a chipped half pint glass and 2 cubes of ice.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(04-01-2023, 12:02 AM)Jimny14 Wrote: Don't forget the correct glassware and treatment of an AF drink can be most of the trick. I know my mum has been known on occasion to ask for a gin and tonic without gin, instead of a tonic water in the last few years.
What she means is get a big fancy glass, plenty ice, some bits of fruit, herbs, garnish etc, a nice straw and fill it with tonic.
Why am I reminded of Del Boy's drink with an umbrella in the top! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Jimny14, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
(03-01-2023, 11:36 PM)Jimny14 Wrote: Leave alcohol free wine alone, they're not good alternatives to wine. Alcohol free lagers are difficult as there is so little hop profile to disguise the missing alcohol. The becks blue was the closest and most palatable for years, I haven't tried the more events ones like morretti or lucky Saint as I'm not much in to lager. Brew dog do a good selection of AF beers, punk AF and hazy Jane AF probably the most lager ish but a little more hoppy and zesty. There is also ghost ship AF by adnams which is great, light, citrus, refreshing. If you'd prefer something from a brewery set up to just do AF beers look no further than big drop brewery. They're all good drinks, I was especially surprised with their stout. But for a curve ball, closest alcohol free drink to the real thing that we have found has been sainsburys AF cider.
Thank you Jimny. There’s hope in that list. I’m a big fan of brew dog lost lager. Ghost ship sounds very promising as well.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Jimny14, Veggie

Bren Offline
I like herbal teas apart from camomile, there's one I make with slices of lemon/ginger and sometimes cardamom seeds topped up with either hot or cold water.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
One of my boys rarely if ever drinks...but I keep alcohol free peroni in for blokes that pop in who are driving.

I dont drink gin but I actually like fizzy water/tonic water /or soda water and a slice of lemon/lime. That is also my choice of cold drink in the pub if Im not having a glass of wine.
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I like iced tea and coffee, and water with a squeeze of lemon, but then I like water out the tap too, so that's probably no reccommendation!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Bren, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(04-01-2023, 12:02 AM)Jimny14 Wrote: Don't forget the correct glassware and treatment of an AF drink can be most of the trick. I know my mum has been known on occasion to ask for a gin and tonic without gin, instead of a tonic water in the last few years.
This is me Smile I love a nice glass with all the fancy bits and the same with a cup for my coffee. If a cafe serves with those big thick chunky mugs it puts me off and I cant drink it Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli