2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night
Jay Offline
Evening everyone. Hope you are all well. Been MIA lately as I had some bad news at the beginning of December…I now have secondary breast cancer in the bones. Only the bones which, strange to say, is good news. I’d been on about pain in ribs for 6 months which was put down to muscle strain…it wasn’t! Didn’t want to come on and tell you over the festive season. Anyhoo, I’m here and with my new treatment hopefully here for a few more years.

Off for a catch up, hopefully will be on a lot more now that I’m in a better place. x
West of Scotland
[-] The following 6 users Like Jay's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Aww , Bless you, Jay. We've missed you. xx
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Jay

SarrissUK Offline
Aaw Jay, I'm so sorry to hear what you're having to go through. It must be so hard mentally, but you're strong. We have indeed missed you, and so pleased to hear from you Smile x
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Jay, Veggie

Bren Offline
All the best with your treatment Jay xx
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Jay, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Glad there's light at the end of the tunnel Jay, must have been a bit of a blow for you. We'll try to keep you cheerful through the treatment. Virtual hugs from me.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Jay, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Jay you can tell us anything at any time. We’re all here for each other. We have miss you.
You ever want to chat , shout, rant . You do it.
Just one thing you must do and I know you can  Cool 
give the big C a bloody good ass kicking.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

Jay Offline
Thanks everyone…and I intend to give it a damn good try SC!! x
West of Scotland
[-] The following 5 users Like Jay's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Best wishes from I, Jay (where's the thumbs up icon whn you want one?) Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Jay, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Morning all - nothing much good about it!
The downstairs loo turned into a paddling pool overnight. The only positive is that its at a lower level to the rest of the house so the water hadn't spread into the hallway.  There were no burst pipes or obvious signs of a leak so, lifted the carpet and bunged it in a trug and brought in the pond vacuum to suck up the water.
I could hear water sounds and eventually tracked it down to the cupboard under the washbasin and there, in the bottom back corner against the outside wall was a bubble fountain. Cry

Thinking it was the water mains I rang the Water Board who were going to send someone out. 
Meanwhile, we could see that the water was bubbling up out of a piece of lead pipe - everything else is copper. 
We were able to put the pond vac pipe directly over the water and pump it out through the front door onto the drive. 
Then the water man came and he had a look and his best guess is that its rainwater coming off the hillside that has found its way into an old lead pipe (that should have been removed when the original plumbing was done). He turned the water off and the water meter  wasn't reading anything so it wasn't mains water - but FREE water. Big Grin
He suggested chiselling round the pipe and trying to seal it off - sealant, cement or a lead pipe cap if we can get one to  the right size. 

Currently, there's a roll of bandage shoved in it and the dehumidifier is on, trying to dry the floor out.
Having read the Insurance policy,  by the time I've paid all the excesses, its not worth claiming. Hope we don't get more heavy rain before it can be capped off!

Does anyone have a use for a large pack of sodden toilet rolls?  Dodgy
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

SarrissUK Offline
Oh Veggie, that sounds like a nightmare! I hope you can get it sorted!

And.... I have to ask... is that the royal 'we' or do you have a friend helping you out there? Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Jay, Veggie