2023 - How's your Weather today?
SarrissUK Offline
Same here Veggie - it was a glorious morning, and then came the rain just as I had to head out at lunch time. It was positively heaving it down by the time I was walking back to the car park.
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
WET, WET, WET, I'm glad I'm indoors, it's chucking it down. I watched the documentary about the winter of '82 last night, I suppose I should be grateful it's not falling as snow.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
It was dry this morning but its WET, WET, WET this afternoon too.
It often snows on my birthday. I remember going out for a meal to celebrate and coming out of the restaurant to snow - at least twice!! One year we'd booked a Greek meal in Barry Island (Gavin & Stacey country). There were 4 of us, and we expected Greek music, dancing and all the heady joys of a Greek Taverna.........but, we were the only customers - everyone else had cancelled because the weather was so bad. We had a table in the middle of the restaurant, surrounded by little electric fires to keep us warm. The food was delicious - prepared just for us. While we ate, the musicians arrived to serenade us, walking round and round our table, playing their bouzoukis and guitars, singing and trying to get us to dance!!
It was the daftest meal I've ever had.........and we left the restaurant in a snow storm.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Bren Offline
It’s rained since 11-ish this morning with a break this afternoon that was just long enough to pick some kale.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
It was quite nice this morning, then it started tipping it down just in time for me to finish the painting indoors. I went shopping instead, and found that when I went over the hill, the clouds were breaking up and I could even see sunshine! I did my shopping and on my way home, coming over the hill, I went straight back into the thick clouds and rain tipping it down. Bleh.
But I did go out to collect eggs, feed the chickens, and to fetch some celery and bay leaves for the beef stew Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Sunshiny this morning and I got a bit carried away doing 2 loads of washing. By lunchtime the clouds had gathered and I had to move the clothes from the outdoor line to the log store.
Its very cold outdoors now.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Reasonably nice this morning all day sunwas promised but it clouded over by lunch time. Checked out the ghs, the penstemmons have survived and a few other bits and bobs are ok but it's awfully wet underfoot.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Cold and chucking it down! Sick
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Same here, Vinny. Not nice. Sad

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Wet again, I'm growing gills.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie