2023 - What I did today
Vinny Online
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(26-01-2023, 12:23 PM)Veggie Wrote: Poor JJB. Sad Did you get sixpence from the Tooth fairy?
Can't help with the milk in tea question as I don't drink either. Try Oat milk - I've heard that the Lidl/aldi versions are reasonably priced.
I always check in Morrisons for Rude Health oat milk. The times I have bought it it's only 30p a litre! Cool As you can imagine it goes quickly, but I always check and 50% of the time they have some left. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(26-01-2023, 02:24 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(26-01-2023, 12:23 PM)Veggie Wrote: Poor JJB. Sad Did you get sixpence from the Tooth fairy?
Can't help with the milk in tea question as I don't drink either. Try Oat milk - I've heard that the Lidl/aldi versions are reasonably priced.
I always check in Morrisons for Rude Health oat milk. The times I have bought it it's only 30p a litre! Cool As you can imagine it goes quickly, but I always check and 50% of the time they have some left. Smile
How does it taste in tea or coffee?  I've  bought som unsweetened soya which isn't as bad as I expected  I've got some Oatly too but yet to try it.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

Vinny Online
(26-01-2023, 03:51 PM)JJB Wrote:
(26-01-2023, 02:24 PM)Vinny Wrote:
How does it taste in tea or coffee?  I've  bought som unsweetened soya which isn't as bad as I expected  I've got some Oatly too but yet to try it.
No idea I'm afraid! Blush
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Vinny Online
Today I finally got round to finishing some tiling in the downstairs toilet I have been meaning to complete for ages Blush

I also bundled Kato into the car and took him for a long walk across the moors Smile . On return I masked off and painted a black panel on the back of the Fergie which will become the number plate with silver lettering now I that have got her officially road registered! Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The field beyond the boundary fence (east) is grazing land for horses. The livery stables has recently been taken over and the new owner has been doing lots of fencing - very nice post and rail. Today I could see a digger thingy on the other side of the fence where there's a lot of bramble that invades my garden. Trying to remove it from my side is like painting the Forth Bridge. The extremely good news is that the digger has been clearing the land of brambles and I can actually see into the field now. Big Grin
Now, its up to me to get rid of the stuff on my side and find the "ha-ha" again.
It would be wonderful if he replaced the fence too, although I'd still need wire mesh on it to keep the dogs in.
Feeling happy and hopeful of regaining a bit of garden from the wilderness. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(26-01-2023, 10:33 AM)JJB Wrote: Anyone know a good dairy free milk for tea?

I used to like lemon tea at one stage. Haven't tried it for years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB

SarrissUK Offline
Jen, try Arla's Lacto free - it tastes just like milk even to drink it neat, I think!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(26-01-2023, 07:32 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Jen, try Arla's Lacto free - it tastes just like milk even to drink it neat, I think!

Thanks for that, I'm not sold on soya or oatly.  I'm not sure whether just lactose free is dairy free. The whole hoo hah is because milk products will ferment in the tooth socket and risk infection. I'm steadily coming to the conclusion that black tea and coffee will be best.  Its only for a week so not the end of the world.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I know someone who had two teeth extracted last week and has had no after effects whatsoever. Never heard of fermenting milk in a socket before. Surely any food that was lodged in the socket could also ferment?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(26-01-2023, 11:11 PM)JJB Wrote:
(26-01-2023, 07:32 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Jen, try Arla's Lacto free - it tastes just like milk even to drink it neat, I think!

Thanks for that, I'm not sold on soya or oatly.  I'm not sure whether just lactose free is dairy free. The whole hoo hah is because milk products will ferment in the tooth socket and risk infection. I'm steadily coming to the conclusion that black tea and coffee will be best.  Its only for a week so not the end of the world.

If coffee is an option, then I'm told brandy or whisky go well.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie