2023 - What I did today
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Very smart, Edward. I hope your other front wheel isn't upset because its not being admired.
Is that ash wood, Vinny?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Bren Offline
Lots of Seed sowing this afternoon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Pricked out even more sweet peas.
Pricked out lots of bronze helichrysums (strawflowers) - all my pink ones succumbed to the December freeze.
Sowed more pink helichrysum - ever optimistic!
So - assuming I’m going to have lots of bronze strawflowers, can you clever, artistic people tell me what would look good with them in bunches please?
I usually do PINK helichrysum, lovely frothy white ammi, blue clary. pink clary and lime green nicotiana.
What’s going to look equally lovely with bronze strawflowers?
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Also pricked out more seed swap tomatoes (thank you all!)
Seem to have a great deal of Dancing with Smurfs and one or two of others!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Been at it all day - keep remembering what else I’ve done .
Potted on cornflowers too.
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(20-03-2023, 07:11 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Pricked out even more sweet peas.
Pricked out lots of bronze helichrysums (strawflowers) - all my pink ones succumbed to the December freeze.
So - assuming I’m going to have lots of bronze strawflowers, can you clever, artistic people tell me what would look good with them in bunches please?
I usually do PINK helichrysum, lovely frothy white ammi, blue clary. pink clary and lime green nicotiana.
I’d probably use exactly the same as you do with the pink strawflowers, but drop the pink clary. 
Or I’d go with bright yellows like rudbeckia, sunflowers, and some deep reds and other burnt oranges.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Got home from work around lunchtime today (having stayed away all weekend while on nights) to find my propagator full of leggy seedlings that hadn't been there on Friday when I left! Whoops. Have hoiked them out of the heat but fell asleep before I could get them to a windowsill. I'll try to get round to it this evening.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Farendwoman, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(20-03-2023, 07:45 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(20-03-2023, 07:11 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Pricked out even more sweet peas.
I’d probably use exactly the same as you do with the pink strawflowers, but drop the pink clary. 
Or I’d go with bright yellows like rudbeckia, sunflowers, and some deep reds and other burnt oranges.
Thanks SC - like the thought of the yellows and burnt orange. got some cinnabar tagetes, and some prairie sun rudbeckia …. I shall take your advice.
  • Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Ordered a tonne of compost from a local company. We've never really invested in the allotment until last year with the shed and now an influx of organic matter. We were given a fruit cage a couple of years ago for a holiday gift as well. I'm getting my hopes up way too high about improving our growing this year.
[-] The following 5 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Mark_Riga, Proserpina, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(20-03-2023, 06:33 PM)Veggie Wrote: Very smart, Edward. I hope your other front wheel isn't upset because its not being admired.
Is that ash wood, Vinny?
Edwards other front wheel is the shy retiring type so likes to stay out of the limelight! Big Grin

No idea what type of wood it is veggie, I'm afraid I am not a wood 'officianado' Rolleyes . As long a it burns that's all I am concerned with. Smile I think its only semi-seasoned but I probably won't need to start burning from this load until the autumn so it should have time to fully season?
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie