2023 - What I did today
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(19-03-2023, 10:12 AM)Farendwoman Wrote: “What I did today” always inspires me.
Makes me want to sow more and more flower seeds, even though there are loads of seedlings
desperate to be pricked out.

I'm not sure inspire is the right word here, more often it's desperation/despondency  Cry,  seeing the stage everyone else is at and I'm weeks behind. Not to mention Veggie's tropical greenhouses!  Tongue. I haven't even started getting the veg patch weeded yet.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Proserpina, Small chilli, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Took delivery of 3 tonnes of cow muck at the allotment site today. Split with five others on site. The plot could use more but we're at the top of the site and it's a fair old way up there with a full barrow. Exciting times.
[-] The following 6 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Farendwoman, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Bren Online
Been picking up Silver birch twigs from the garden 4 trugs full.
Plus some bigger pieces left in stacks for the bugs to hide in.
[-] The following 5 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I've been hacking my way into the brambles at the far end (not FEW's Far End Wink)
On Friday, the garden waste collections start again, so I'm on a mission to fill the bins before then. I've been piling up the dead brambles into mounds all winter in anticipation of this event.
Scattered lots of old flower seeds around. Don't hold out much hope but, as we say, all seeds deserve a chance!
Chopped and dropped a Pineapple sage that shows no sign of life - frost damage maybe. I hope I haven't lost them all as I adore the scent - I'm a compulsive leaf rubber. Big Grin
Just for JJB's info - I tied in the Bijou Mangetout in the GH and admired the peas - probably pickable this week. Yum, yum. Big Grin
Today felt like spring, at last.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, Garrett, Mark_Riga, Proserpina

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Started digging over and weeding veg patch in anticipation of planting/sowing broad beans. It's damp and slow going. Sowed beetroot & some more flowers. Potted on some antirrhinum.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Proserpina, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(19-03-2023, 06:18 PM)JJB Wrote: Started digging over and weeding  veg patch in  anticipation of planting/sowing broad beans. It's damp and slow going. Sowed beetroot & so e more flowers. Potted on some antirrhinum.
Wish I had some antirrhinums to pot on …. Mine are still waiting to germinate.
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(19-03-2023, 09:14 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(19-03-2023, 06:18 PM)JJB Wrote: Started digging over and weeding  veg patch in  anticipation of planting/sowing broad beans. It's damp and slow going. Sowed beetroot & so e more flowers. Potted on some antirrhinum.
Wish I had some antirrhinums to pot on …. Mine are still waiting to germinate.

In fairness they're not exotic ones. One red leaved/red flowered plant self seeded hugely in the veg patch last summer so I dug up loads of the seedlings  in the autumn and overwintered them in the gh. Surprisingly some survived the -7 to -10°C and are now about 4" tall. No one is more astonished than I.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Proserpina, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(19-03-2023, 06:17 PM)Veggie Wrote: Just for JJB's info - I tied in the Bijou Mangetout in the GH and admired the peas - probably pickable this week. Yum, yum. Big Grin
Today felt like spring, at last.

I do believe you were put on this earth to torment me. You and P make a fine pair  Tongue  my Bijou are small but perfectly formed at  1/2 inch high
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
1st day of spring today and it feels like it to! Cool

My job for the rest of today and tomorrow is to wheelbarrow and stack this lot! Smile I need to make a way through for the Postie initially though! Rolleyes

PS Notice my new front wheel and tyre on Edward the Fergie.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Farendwoman, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Sown seeds, planted turnips, seed juggling. Cut lots of bad bits out of the avocado. If he recovers and bushes out. I’ll give the other one a serious haircut.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.