Seeds to sow in January....
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've had a bit if a disaster with my snapdragons. So i'll start some more asap, and maybe some larkspur and definitely chillies.

Go on, inspire me.....

.....also looking at the best time to sow eucalyptus- would like an early start and I also have hibiscus mahogany splendour for my something new Smile If i can get some going in pots I could keep on my patio ( even though i hate plants in pots!) and they should give me some late autumn foliage that looks a little special.

JJB Online
Moonraker
I've been prompted by Veggie to look at snap peas but fear I'm bound to fail without the mild weather she enjoys, so perhaps thinking about it will be as far as it goes. I'm not sowing toms (except windowsill ones) too early this year, unless I get twitchy Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Is this for flowers, not veggies?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Either?... im doing chillies, flowers and some trees....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
OK, I'll be sowing tomatoes, peas, dwarf beans, courgettes, various herbs, leeks, spring onions, beetroot, carrots, cucumbers, kale..........
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
All in January?

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yes, all in January. The end of January is almost February, which is nearly spring.

JJB Online
Moonraker
We can have snow in February. I think V just brings out the optimist in us.Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Garrett Offline
I'm going to sort through any perennial flowers and winter sow all those. From memory I think I have Polemonium (Jacob's Ladder), Eryngium (Sea Holly), Verbena Bonariensis and various Hollyhocks. Whatever I find shall be sown!

I'm also going to do some Sweet Peas and Cerinthe. Cerinthe can take quite a bit of cold so I like sowing an early batch, then following with a later one for successive flowers.
[-] The following 2 users Like Garrett's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(28-12-2022, 11:36 AM)Garrett Wrote: I'm going to sort through any perennial flowers and winter sow all those. From memory I think I have Polemonium (Jacob's Ladder), Eryngium (Sea Holly), Verbena Bonariensis and various Hollyhocks. Whatever I find shall be sown!

I'm also going to do some Sweet Peas and Cerinthe. Cerinthe can take quite a bit of cold so I like sowing an early batch, then following with a later one for successive flowers.
I put in all the cerinthe seeds you put in the seed swap - all popped and growing well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Garrett