Scarlets Garden
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(13-05-2023, 02:39 PM)JJB Wrote:
(13-05-2023, 09:51 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Anyone grow gladioli?

I'm not super keen on the big ones but occasionally here I see the odd wild one - and I love the super bright pink. Anyway, I planted loads a couple of years ago hoping they would also gently self seed. They didn't come?!
They have popped up this year! I love them - I hope they do spread... it's difficult to take a good photo of this border - its a bit crammed and looks messy. But its filled with roses, lupins, alliums and nepeta. Now the glads are popping up!
https://www.rhs.org.uk/about-the-rhs/pub...diolus.pdf
Just incase anyone wants a read up on wild glads ^^^

I've said it before, but you learn something new every day. I have some, what I thought were magenta early crocosmia, but thanks to you Scarlet, I think they're wild gladdies. They're not quite out here but definitely in bud and are spreading slowly. I will inspect the flowers when they come out to see if they are indeed gladioli

Mine are indeed wild glads, they're just coming out and I just love their colour.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I love the colour too! Bright splash of pink...I really hope mine spread. Have yours multiplied?

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(26-05-2023, 10:44 AM)Scarlet Wrote: I love the colour too! Bright splash of pink...I really hope mine spread. Have yours multiplied?

Oh yes, I'll be digging some out after flowering and offering them around. They're not as prolific as crocosmia but definitely going where they're not intended after a couple of years
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Wild glads taking over the world!

Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 6 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, MartinH, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
They look amazing! I want that in my gardenSmile!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • JJB

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
The roses are out Smile  unfortunately we havent had any rain again for weeks - the ground already has cracks and is too dry to weed    
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • doublyjonah, JJB, Veggie