Scarlets Garden
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(21-06-2021, 10:45 AM)Scarlet Wrote: A few more....
All looking brill Scarlet. The pink single poppy is the same as the ones that have popped up on my plot recently. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Spec Offline
(21-06-2021, 01:38 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Big Grin thank you Spec! I think that's a compliment Smile

Oh Scarlet, would it be anything elseRolleyes Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-06-2021, 02:23 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(21-06-2021, 02:09 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(21-06-2021, 01:39 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(21-06-2021, 12:05 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Beautiful Scarlet. You’ve been work flipping hard on that.  That’s exactly what I want my new flower beds to look like .
I’m also a huge fan of that peach rose & that stunning dark purple clematis and everything else  Heart
The dark purple clematis is etoile violette - chop down in Spring and it bounces back.
£5 for 3 in Asda Wink
I’m not going to my nearest Asda in Glasgow just for a clematis, no matter how pretty    Tongue .

now I know the name I’ll keep an eye out for one a little closer to home  Smile .
I've tried to take cuttings and I've never had any luck - then a friend said they were in Asda! Bargain.
I’ve only had one clematis cutting take. I think that was just pure luck. They seem to be really difficult. I’ve tried loads and at different times.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Absolutely fabulous borders Scarlet. Glorious Smile
And thanks for naming the clematis. I have one but had lost the label, I just knew it was Violette something. Mine came from Aldi or Lidl!!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-06-2021, 07:55 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Absolutely fabulous borders Scarlet. Glorious Smile
And thanks for naming the clematis. I have one but had lost the label, I just knew it was Violette something. Mine came from Aldi or Lidl!!
Thank you PP. I think they are a really useful plant! I'm going to remember next year that they have them in and try to get a few more. 
I've just bought myself some steel rods to make some supports for my plants.....wondering if I can wire up some kind of arches that won't fall down Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • PyreneesPlot

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-06-2021, 03:12 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(21-06-2021, 10:45 AM)Scarlet Wrote: A few more....
All looking brill Scarlet. The pink single poppy is the same as the ones that have popped up on my plot recently. Cool
Thank you. I am hoping to save some seed....would love it to be repeated a bit more throughout the border.

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Anyone grow gladioli?

I'm not super keen on the big ones but occasionally here I see the odd wild one - and I love the super bright pink. Anyway, I planted loads a couple of years ago hoping they would also gently self seed. They didn't come?!
They have popped up this year! I love them - I hope they do spread... it's difficult to take a good photo of this border - its a bit crammed and looks messy. But its filled with roses, lupins, alliums and nepeta. Now the glads are popping up!
https://www.rhs.org.uk/about-the-rhs/pub...diolus.pdf
Just incase anyone wants a read up on wild glads ^^^

[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, MartinH, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Knotty Offline
Thumbs Up 
Love your garden Scarlet, such a beautiful selection of plants.
Greetings from Dorset
I am always happy in the garden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knotty's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(13-05-2023, 10:31 AM)Knotty Wrote: Love your garden Scarlet, such a beautiful selection of plants.
Thank you. I am always adding bits and spend most of the summer out there... unfortunately I am over run with ground elder but from afar it looks like ground cover Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Knotty

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(13-05-2023, 09:51 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Anyone grow gladioli?

I'm not super keen on the big ones but occasionally here I see the odd wild one - and I love the super bright pink. Anyway, I planted loads a couple of years ago hoping they would also gently self seed. They didn't come?!
They have popped up this year! I love them - I hope they do spread... it's difficult to take a good photo of this border - its a bit crammed and looks messy. But its filled with roses, lupins, alliums and nepeta. Now the glads are popping up!
https://www.rhs.org.uk/about-the-rhs/pub...diolus.pdf
Just incase anyone wants a read up on wild glads ^^^

I've said it before, but you learn something new every day. I have some, what I thought were magenta early crocosmia, but thanks to you Scarlet, I think they're wild gladdies. They're not quite out here but definitely in bud and are spreading slowly. I will inspect the flowers when they come out to see if they are indeed gladioli
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie