Scarlets Garden
doublyjonah Offline
Gorgeous flowers, Scarlet! Is the orange rose the same as in your profile picture? I covet one this colour!
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Spec, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yes it is! It glows when the sun is on it.
David Austin Carolyn Knight....it does fade in the sun.

My Gertrude Jekyll roses this year have been very pale.
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • doublyjonah, JJB, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Beautiful Scarlet. You’ve been work flipping hard on that.  That’s exactly what I want my new flower beds to look like .
I’m also a huge fan of that peach rose & that stunning dark purple clematis and everything else  Heart
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
Fantastic Scarlet, what is the name of the orange rose in post 15, your garden look a good size, which is something I would like, as for whither you have double posted photos, when they are so nice to see, it's not a problem, but over and above that, you are allowed to be forgetful as you get olderRolleyes Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Big Grin thank you Spec! I think that's a compliment Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-06-2021, 12:05 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Beautiful Scarlet. You’ve been work flipping hard on that.  That’s exactly what I want my new flower beds to look like .
I’m also a huge fan of that peach rose & that stunning dark purple clematis and everything else  Heart
The dark purple clematis is etoile violette - chop down in Spring and it bounces back.
£5 for 3 in Asda Wink
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Spec, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
A superb garden and we all know how much work goes into something that size. I envy you your 'flower' sense.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-06-2021, 01:39 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(21-06-2021, 12:05 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Beautiful Scarlet. You’ve been work flipping hard on that.  That’s exactly what I want my new flower beds to look like .
The dark purple clematis is etoile violette - chop down in Spring and it bounces back.
£5 for 3 in Asda Wink
I’m not going to my nearest Asda in Glasgow just for a clematis, no matter how pretty    Tongue .

now I know the name I’ll keep an eye out for one a little closer to home  Smile .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-06-2021, 02:09 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(21-06-2021, 01:39 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
£5 for 3 in Asda Wink
I’m not going to my nearest Asda in Glasgow just for a clematis, no matter how pretty    Tongue .

now I know the name I’ll keep an eye out for one a little closer to home  Smile .
I've tried to take cuttings and I've never had any luck - then a friend said they were in Asda! Bargain.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-06-2021, 02:02 PM)JJB Wrote: A superb garden and we all know how much work goes into something that size.  I envy you your 'flower' sense.
Thank you JJB, I'm certainly shattered this year - if if only I didn't have to battle ground elder Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Mark_Riga