Scarlets Garden
Mikey Offline
That is a very beautiful garden Scarlet, it looks more like a greenhouse to me than a polyculture. Tongue
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I have lots of weeds Mikey - I think it would drive you nuts Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Mikey, Veggie

Mikey Offline
They would but, that's the joy in life realising you can't control nature, you have to accept it, and make the most of what it gives you. Dandelions make a lovely liquid feed.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
This is a border in the garden. It has two large tree stumps in the middle but the dahlias get so big the bare area can't be seen. It's just deep purple, rich reds, bright orange and a paler orange. The photo doesn't do it justice to be honest. I'm very chuffed with it.

[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Admin, Mark_Riga, Mikey, Spec, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've been super busy in the garden. I'm trying to get a couple of borders back into shape. Adding lots of the same plants to stop it getting too bitty.
Last autumn I dug in a load of allium bulbs, it took me forever. I also added in some bare root roses. I'm hoping these eventually fill the borders a bit.
I did lose a fair few plants with the hard frosts in May. But since I o longer drive into Bath twice a day I have had more time to get things into shape.
My veg patch is mostly dahlias now, though I am growing beans, beetroot, courgettes, elephant garlic and lettuce outside. A few pots of chives, Welsh onions. Tomatoes and cucumbers in the greenhouse. Some of these photos were taken a few weeks back - so things have moved on....but a few by photos added to show VC that snipping one or two flowers out of a crowd won't lessen the outside display. I won't cut a rose for indoors Big Grin but a sprig from a shrub etc is allowed.

[-] The following 9 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Admin, JJB, MartinH, mcdood, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Some more - TMTs salvia caradonna from an early sowing this year has already flowered. Very chuffed with those.

[-] The following 9 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Admin, JJB, MartinH, mcdood, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
A few more....

[-] The following 10 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Admin, Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga, MartinH, mcdood, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
All look lovely Scarlet Smile
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Scarlet, Spec

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Some of my dahlia patch....

[-] The following 8 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Admin, JJB, MartinH, mcdood, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
A couple more ....sorry I've got a bit lost here I may have added some duplicates. Forgotten what I've posted.             
[-] The following 8 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, JJB, MartinH, mcdood, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie