Claim your County
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(23-12-2022, 07:17 PM)Veggie Wrote: Do any Claimed Counties have a common border yet?
I'm not expecting any neighbours here!
I'll claim Gwent...Winkso right on your doorstep - I often do a spot of gardening in the valleys.... very wet, green and not much gets done with everyone popping out for a chat.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Thank you Scarlet Big Grin Since we're neighbours can I borrow a cup of sugar please?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Moth

Admin Offline
The Boss
(24-12-2022, 06:12 PM)Proserpina Wrote: Where (or maybe when) on earth did you get that map?! Not only are the county borders wrong, but "North Umberland" and "Leichestershire"? 

Tongue
Just a quick download Pros, never thought to check it
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Proserpina, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
(24-12-2022, 10:37 PM)Admin Wrote:
(24-12-2022, 06:12 PM)Proserpina Wrote: Where (or maybe when) on earth did you get that map?! Not only are the county borders wrong, but "North Umberland" and "Leichestershire"? 

Tongue
Just a quick download Pros, never thought to check it

I'm thinking it's from a parallel universe Big Grin
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 2 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
I think the map is quite old. Humberside hasn't existed in any shape for a long long time Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I claim part of the ancient county of Bigorre, a region that has kept that name for some 2600 years, and despite being owned by the Romans, the prince of Navarre, the English, various duchys and even the French! 

And I'll always have an emtional claim to Oxfordshire.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 5 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I think I would have to claim Cheshire, though my early years were in Trafford Park, Manchester in Lancashire at that time. I've lived in East Cheshire (Growing up in Carrington opposite a large Shell chemical factory though the district was called Bucklow rural), West Cheshire (in Chester itself) and now rural South Cheshire, not far from the market town of Nantwich.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I suppose I will lay claim to the islands of Ireland and Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands archipelago. I have lived in Ireland all my life 62 years, and owned a place in Fuerteventura for the last 17 years.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 5 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Bren, Farendwoman, Mark_Riga, Moth, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
I’ll claim Gloucestershire - so bordering Scarlet and just “over the bridge” from Veggie.
Husband calls it “Swampy Land”, but I was born here and was delighted to get back where I belong twenty years ago.
We are halfway between Bristol and Cheltenham (35 mins), and both Bath and Cardiff are less than an hour away. Good for theatre, cinema, shopping, odd meal out.
Despite all these beautiful towns and cities being so accessible, we are in a rural spot with farms and open spaces around us. Bliss!
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Moth, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(31-01-2023, 11:09 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I suppose I will lay claim to the islands of Ireland and Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands archipelago. I have lived in Ireland all my life 62 years, and owned a place in Fuerteventura for the last 17 years.
Lucky you, Can.
Both for where you live and for your second home.
My daughter and I leave the men behind and have the same December week in Caleta de Fuste every year.
Beautiful island - we’ve been doing this for sixteen years.
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Moth, Veggie