Claim your County
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(01-02-2023, 10:11 AM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(31-01-2023, 11:09 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I suppose I will lay claim to the islands of Ireland and Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands archipelago. I have lived in Ireland all my life 62 years, and owned a place in Fuerteventura for the last 17 years.
Lucky you, Can.
Both for where you live and for your second home.
My daughter and I leave the men behind and have the same December week in Caleta de Fuste every year.
Beautiful island - we’ve been doing this for sixteen years.
Hi Farendwoman, my place is in Caleta de Fuste, just down from the bus station heading towards the Step Inn & Fado steak house, where do you stay when your over there ?
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
What a coincidence! You and FEW may have sat next to each other in a restaurant and not realised that you "knew" each other.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB

Farendwoman Offline
We stay in Barcelo Mar - previously called Thalasso Spa.
Brilliant for two females on their own.
Good food, evening entertainment, friendly staff, well maintained grounds and pools, next to beach, cat hotels, hedgehogs, lovely rooms, close to harbour, chipmunks, nice guests - perfect for a December week of sunshine.
[-] The following 6 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, SarrissUK, Scarlet, Veggie

Jay Offline
On the Boss’ map I claim Strathclyde but in reality it’s Argyll & Bute also South Ayrshire and part of the year Gloucestershire.
West of Scotland
[-] The following 4 users Like Jay's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(02-02-2023, 10:13 AM)Farendwoman Wrote: We stay in Barcelo Mar - previously called Thalasso Spa.
Brilliant for two females on their own.
Good food, evening entertainment, friendly staff, well maintained grounds and pools,  next to beach, cat hotels, hedgehogs, lovely rooms, close to harbour, chipmunks, nice guests - perfect for a December week of sunshine.
Very good, do you just stay in the hotel and it’s grounds or do you get out and explore, try some of the bars and restaurants?
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(01-02-2023, 11:22 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 10:11 AM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(31-01-2023, 11:09 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I suppose I will lay claim to the islands of Ireland and Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands archipelago. I have lived in Ireland all my life 62 years, and owned a place in Fuerteventura for the last 17 years.
Lucky you, Can.
Both for where you live and for your second home.
My daughter and I leave the men behind and have the same December week in Caleta de Fuste every year.
Beautiful island - we’ve been doing this for sixteen years.
Hi Farendwoman, my place is in Caleta de Fuste, just down from the bus station heading towards the Step Inn & Fado steak house, where do you stay when your over there ?
I stayed in Correlejo for 6months many moons ago...on the spin of a bottle Wink I had to hand my notice in at work and head for some wind...my husband has always been windsurf mad and refused to get married unless he had the chance of doing a forward loop on a board... He didnt quite manage it but he enjoyed trying. That was over 30 years ago, its changed a bit now.
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
We do get out and about a bit for drinks, Can - but as we are all inclusive we tend to eat at the hotel.
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Knotty Offline
I claim beautiful Dorset, no better place to live in my opinion.
Greetings from Dorset
I am always happy in the garden
[-] The following 7 users Like Knotty's post:
  • Admin, Jay, JJB, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(26-12-2022, 06:01 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: I claim part of the ancient county of Bigorre, a region that has kept that name for some 2600 years, and despite being owned by the Romans, the prince of Navarre, the English, various duchys and even the French! 

And I'll always have an emtional claim to Oxfordshire.

I have just discovered that despite being surrounded by Bigorrians, we're actually in a little enclave that was actually apparently once called Nebouzhan and ruled by an entirely different Duchy.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Veggie