Clumping, easy perennials
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've realised that I do most of my weeding with a hoe so I need obvious clumps of plants so that I don't chop their heads off - as has happened several times. Wink The bigger the clump, the less there is to weed.
I've planted Ajuga under the gooseberry bushes and I never weed there. Similarly with dianthus - the small clumps haven't quite joined up yet but they're reaching out to each other.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Proserpina, Small chilli

Farendwoman Offline
(05-11-2022, 05:01 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Salvia Hot lips! I bought two tiny plants a year ago, and they've grown into large plants and have non stop flowered since then. I'm going to have to move them as they've overshadowed several other plants already.
Lucky you ! wish I had a problem with hot lips (salvia I mean!).
I do get hot lips when I pick lots of euphorbia though - anyone else??
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I have several Salvias (including Hot Lips) but my favourites are the Pineapple/Tangerine/Blackcurrant/Honeydew melon ones with the scented leaves - they're in flower now too. Very tactile plants, have to have a rub and a sniff as I pass them.
As for FEW's Euphorbia, I stopped growing them because of the sap - don't remember it affecting my lips though. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.