DIY candles
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(03-12-2023, 06:45 PM)Veggie Wrote: Oddly, the porridge I made with blueberries this morning was the same colour as the candles. Big Grin
Tangential reply Rolleyes

I cook with a lot of dripping. To save blocking the sink up I usually wipe the pan out, when still hot with kitchen roll and use it to light the woodburner.

I don't eat grains now and have a large bag of porridge oats from when I  did.

My cunning plan now is to sprinkle my porridge oats into the remaining dripping in pan. Once it's set I will form it into fat balls for the birds which they should enjoy this time of year! Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, MartinH, Moth, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Having made a few candles (melted wax in jars with wiggly wicks Wink) I've decided to give all the stuff away to someone who knows what he's doing - the man who gave me the first lot of wax. That'll teach him. Big Grin He's making candles for charity shops to sell so its going to be put to good use.
Bit more clutter out of my way. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(13-02-2024, 05:17 PM)Veggie Wrote: Having made a few candles (melted wax in jars with wiggly wicks Wink) I've decided to give all the stuff away to someone who knows what he's doing - the man who gave me the first lot of wax. That'll teach him. Big Grin He's making candles for charity shops to sell so its going to be put to good use.
Bit more clutter out of my way. Big Grin
I have a load of wicks in a drawer somewhere from my exploits into candle making. I've given up on the idea of becoming a 'chandler' as well! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie