Drying and shelling of beans?
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(26-07-2023, 10:36 PM)Vinny Wrote: I didn't realise you could use an Air Fryer as an Air Dryer? Huh
Mine has a dehydrate setting on it. Depends what model you’re getting.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(26-07-2023, 10:47 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: Or are you drying young beans, rather than mature which dry on the plant?
Young beans...................does that make a difference?
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(27-07-2023, 09:44 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(26-07-2023, 10:47 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: Or are you drying young beans, rather than mature which dry on the plant?
Young beans...................does that make a difference?

I would have thought that they shouldn't have a tough shell but I have never tried drying young beans.

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I try to pick broad beans very young (little finger size) so that I can eat the pods as well. A little later and the pods are tough but the beans inside are still green and don't have skins. After that, its a double podding process.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(27-07-2023, 10:57 AM)Veggie Wrote: I try to pick broad beans very young (little finger size) so that I can eat the pods as well. A little later and the pods are tough but the beans inside are still green and don't have skins. After that, its a double podding process.
Not for me, I like the beans in the skins with butter and vinegar on! Smile I was just wondering whether the skin would be prevalent after drying youngish beans? Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Mark_Riga