Bells, Flaps and Knockers!
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(03-10-2022, 07:37 PM)Small chilli Wrote: We have a door handle ( very bog standard, nothing flash )& a key hole.
No bells, flaps or knockers or windows  Smile .
Won't be dropping in on you either! Will you be more welcoming in your new house?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(03-10-2022, 07:42 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: We have a door bell that chimes an annoying tune when people come around, which some people use. Others use the knocker on the door that is quite possibly too high up for you Veggie - it stands at 5" or so?
Others just knock on the living room window that is directly to the left if you face the door.
Oh Sarriss, I may be short but I am taller than 5 inches..........and marginally taller than 5 feet, if I raise my arm. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

SarrissUK Offline
(03-10-2022, 07:53 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 07:42 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: We have a door bell that chimes an annoying tune when people come around, which some people use. Others use the knocker on the door that is quite possibly too high up for you Veggie - it stands at 5" or so?
Others just knock on the living room window that is directly to the left if you face the door.
Oh Sarriss, I may be short but I am taller than 5 inches..........and marginally taller than 5 feet, if I raise my arm. Big Grin

haha I meant for it to say 5 foot LOL
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Of course you did. Tongue

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(03-10-2022, 07:51 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 07:37 PM)Small chilli Wrote: We have a door handle ( very bog standard, nothing flash )& a key hole.
No bells, flaps or knockers or windows  Smile .
Won't be dropping in on you either! Will you be more welcoming in your new house?
No. But you can still drop in. You just walk in around here, no need to knock.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
It was like that "down west". Doors were never locked - lovely. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Farendwoman Offline
We have a “temperamental” push button door bell with an attached speaker which rings just inside the kitchen door so that I can hear it whenever I’m where I belong -either in the kitchen or in the garden. (Shades of Stepford Wives!).
However because it’s so temperamental, I’ve laminated a little notice “Please Press Hard” and stuck it just below the button
You cannot believe how many people press the notice instead of the button!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Bells:
For any Veggies visiting there is a bell 6ft off the ground.
For anyone else both back and door push button bells are about 4ft up at the edge of the door frame. What perplexes most visitors is which is the front or back door as they're on either side of the house with identical steps up from the visible front face, a stranger hasn't a clue. To be fair we put the house number on the 'front door' side to help, but it doesn't work, nor does it matter really apart from front door approach is pretty with flowers, back door approach is chaotic with stuff. Smile

Flaps and knockers are usually up the garden on a fine day Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Farendwoman, SarrissUK, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
(04-10-2022, 09:43 AM)JJB Wrote: Flaps and knockers are usually up the garden on a fine day Big Grin
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB, Veggie