2022 - Seed Swap Circle.
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(30-09-2022, 05:27 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Don’t suppose anyone would want Lemon Gem tagetes?
They’re supposed to be 6 inches (ish) tall.
Mine are more like 24 inches.
They’re lovely in a salad (when I’m trying to impress!) - but I’ve  also been able to use them in little posies

I'd be happy with lemon gem, it would give me a chage from orange ones,  so yes please. My orange gem are over a foot tall and even more wide  6" ? Bah, not happening Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Proserpina, Small chilli, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
(30-09-2022, 04:22 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: I am another hopeful but slightly skeptical about having enough seeds. Perhaps I will have enough Jacob's Cattle Gold beans and maybe one of the types that Scarlet sent in a couple of years ago. Maybe some carnations and nasturtium, if this rain hasn't made that impossible. Not sure anything else grew well enough!
Well, I seem to have fewer Jacob's than I remembered. They're out unless everyone wants three beans....

I would have enough Meuch and Tresnjevac, grown on from Scarlet's beans a couple years ago. Would that be ok? I feel embarrassed sending someone else's beans back!

Depending on how many are still dryng on the plants, I might have Monte Gusto beans too (a yellow variety from one of the crazy cheap T&M bargain boxes).

The nasturtium harvesting is slow going but I hold out hope.
[-] The following 6 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Proserpina, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(10-10-2022, 11:11 AM)doublyjonah Wrote:
(30-09-2022, 04:22 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: I am another hopeful but slightly skeptical about having enough seeds. Perhaps I will have enough Jacob's Cattle Gold beans and maybe one of the types that Scarlet sent in a couple of years ago. Maybe some carnations and nasturtium, if this rain hasn't made that impossible. Not sure anything else grew well enough!
Well, I seem to have fewer Jacob's than I remembered. They're out unless everyone wants three beans....

I would have enough Meuch and Tresnjevac, grown on from Scarlet's beans a couple years ago. Would that be ok? I feel embarrassed sending someone else's beans back!

Depending on how many are still dryng on the plants, I might have Monte Gusto beans too (a yellow variety from one of the crazy cheap T&M bargain boxes).

The nasturtium harvesting is slow going but I hold out hope.

Three beans of Jacobs fine with me, it's a new one to me.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Garrett, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
No need for embarrassment, DJ. Its all about keeping seed varieties going by saving & offering fresh seeds. We'll accept anything in this swap, even if its just one seed each. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I forgot to look. However, I should definitely be able to offer giant tomatillos and marrowfat peas. I don't think I can offer the nice apricot flower runner beans as I've done a bad job of keeping them off the ground so the slugs have found them. Still hopeful for the hollyhocks if the seeds haven't all fallen already. Cosmos and nasturtiums will be mixed, but still worth a try for anyone who isn't too fussy about exact varieties!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 4 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
You ladies are saying all the magic words ! Beans, marrow fat peas 100% yes please and the added bonus of flowers yes yes and more yes. Nothing to be embarrassed about. The fact you’re joining in is more than enough. I’m with veggie, I’d be very happy with one seed  Cool . Especially from things I’ve not grown before like the fore mentioned beans & peas  Smile
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Just thinking about packaging seeds..............if, like DJ, you only have one bean per person, would it help if that bean was put in a packet of something visually different like nasturtiums? The seed packet would name both seeds (and I don't mean Jacob and Nancy). Most of us are bright enough to work out which is which. Wink
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Proserpina, Small chilli

doublyjonah Offline
(10-10-2022, 03:53 PM)Veggie Wrote: Just thinking about packaging seeds..............if, like DJ, you only have one bean per person, would it help if that bean was put in a packet of something visually different like nasturtiums? The seed packet would name both seeds (and I don't mean Jacob and Nancy). Most of us are bright enough to work out which is which. Wink
As many as three! Unless others join.......

Sounds like a logical solution to keep things manageable and sensible. Unless that makes you want to change your mind?  Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I know how much you like making seed packets, DJ, so don't want to spoil your fun with this suggestion. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman, Proserpina, Small chilli

doublyjonah Offline
I have been thinking about seed packets for two years! I must make them true works of art this time! Or at least not genuine rubbish...
[-] The following 6 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Farendwoman, Garrett, Proserpina, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie