2020 - Tell us what you did today
Broadway Offline
(07-06-2020, 07:20 AM)Can the Man Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 06:59 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 08:37 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I sowed red onion seeds, white onion seeds, leek seeds, beetroot seeds.
Then I netted my beetroot in the garden they have been attacked by birds I’m down to 9 plants now so more seeds planted. Then I noticed my more matured onions have been attacked also so I needed to net them as well
Morning CTM

I always thought onions were sown late/eary in the year, so can you effectiverly sow/grow them for most of the year?
Hi Danny, with the poly tunnel I’m experimenting I don’t see any reason why they can’t be grown any time.
Good luck, looking forward to your updatesSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Planted out various types of courgettes/summer squash. Dug out some swiss card to make room for a few dfb. Felt guilty concentrating on veges and neglecting 'street view' of front so planted up a couple of tubs with fuschia and lobelia . Tidied up another bed in front to receive bedding tomorrow, maybe. Emptied old tumbling tomato tubs reused compost elsewhere and refilled with compost and horse poo ready to receive new tom plants. Watered.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

SarrissUK Offline

Out of aaaallll the money I spent at IKEA today, this is what I was most excited about Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Baldy, JJB

Baldy Offline
Invisible meatballs?

I'm yet to be prolific here, but I'm quick...

what is it Sarriss?
[-] The following 4 users Like Baldy's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Lots of watering, feeding & seed sowing.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Baldy Offline
Scared the beejeezus out of a slow worm in my compost bin, planted out a couple of random toms from the polyhousetunnel thing and watered and fed the plants in there.
I'm on top of things at the plot - its weird - thanks lockdown...
[-] The following 2 users Like Baldy's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

Slight change of plan today (not that I ever have a real plan!).
Some years ago I bought this cheap blowaway to use as a wood store near the house in winter and a compost and tool store in summer. It fitted snugly between the garage and GH No 3 - too snugly as I couldn't get around the back of it to clear the brambles. 
The cover had split and wasn't much use for keeping anything dry so it was time to say goodbye! 
Today has been spent cutting up the cover, moving the frame down the garden and clearing some of the brambles .

I'm going to use the frame for climbing squashes, cucumbers and beans - that's the new plan anyway! Photo tomorrow when I may have planted them.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

SarrissUK Offline
(07-06-2020, 06:45 PM)Baldy Wrote: Invisible meatballs?

I'm yet to be prolific here, but I'm quick...

what is it Sarriss?

Sorry - technical problems with my phone (it took me a while to resize the picture, once I realised the first pic had been rejected because it was too large!!)

Pic is working now lol

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Looks like a duvet cover!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

SarrissUK Offline
It's not a duvet cover, though there were a few duvet covers that had similar patterns, come to think of it!

Any other guesses? Big Grin