Bread!
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
My Daughter asked me to make her son, my grandson some olive bread as he loves black olives. Cool I have just made some olive and jalapeno bread for myself and asked whether he likes jalapeno's, which he does. Smile
Two olive and jalapeno loaves now in oven! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Farendwoman, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I make olive bread sometimes but put in sun dried tomatoes not chillis. It works out quite dear so not too often. I always used kalamata olives as we liked walking round that part of Greece.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
One of my favourite FREE sourdough breads is an olive ciabatta loaf. I slice it horizontally and add fresh tomatoes and cheese and call it a "pizza".
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman

Farendwoman Offline
(18-09-2022, 06:50 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: I make olive bread sometimes but put in sun dried tomatoes not chillis. It works out quite dear so not too often. I always used kalamata olives as we liked walking round that part of Greece.
Why not dry your own tomatoes Mark - and save a load of money. Nigella has a recipe for “moon blush tomatoes”. It’s brilliant. I dry all my surplus ones when they all come at once and then freeze them for adding to pizzas, breads and salads later on.
And I buy big jars of cheap olives in home bargains. They’re good enough for cooking with. Need a bit of tarting up with a bit of lemon zest, garlic and herbs if you want to eat them “fresh”!
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Veggie, Vinny

Farendwoman Offline
(18-09-2022, 06:40 PM)Vinny Wrote: My Daughter asked me to make her son, my grandson some olive bread as he loves black olives. Cool I have just made some olive and jalapeno bread for myself and asked whether he likes jalapeno's, which he does. Smile
Let’s see them then Vinnie!
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Vinny Offline
(18-09-2022, 09:24 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(18-09-2022, 06:40 PM)Vinny Wrote: My Daughter asked me to make her son, my grandson some olive bread as he loves black olives. Cool I have just made some olive and jalapeno bread for myself and asked whether he likes jalapeno's, which he does. Smile
Your wish is my command! Rolleyes 

My Daughter came to house to collect washing I had dried for her and I gave her Haydens loaf as well. Half an hour later I got a text to say it was gone, eaten with soup I was told. Cry

My Grandsons are like me......gannets! Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 7 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(19-09-2022, 08:40 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(18-09-2022, 09:24 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
Your wish is my command! Rolleyes 

My Daughter came to house to collect washing I had dried for her and I gave her Haydens loaf as well. Half an hour later I got a text to say it was gone, eaten with soup I was told. Cry

My Grandsons are like me......gannets! Big Grin
Wow! and Yum!
you’ve got this bread baking lark down to a fine art.
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Ooh, looks amazing!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Vinny

Vinny Offline
Never had sourdough bread. Blush Is it complicated and does it taste much different? Huh

Bren Offline
Vinny sourdough sounds long winded but once you get into to it’s easy to fit around other things.
As for taste a lot depends how long you let it ferment, it’s a bit tangy sort of mildly vinegary. With a nice chewy crust.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie, Vinny